Falling with style

It's been about two days since I was rescued and we're sitting at the dinning table eating breakfast, Phil had made pancakes. I had barley touched my food when I excused myself from the table, the smell of the pancakes making me feel a little queasy. 

As I was walking up the stairs to Techno and I's shared bedroom, I heard footsteps following me, I immediately recognized them as Wilbur's footsteps.

"You Ok?" He asked catching up to me.

"Eh." I replied.

"Understandable." 

"seriously though, are you ok?" He repeated.

"I'm fine I guess, it's just...I can't quite explain it." I replied.

"If you do find the words, I'm here to listen." He said.

I looked at him and gave him a small smile. Then I realized we were in the living room, sometime during our conversation we walked to the living room.

Then I heard Phil's footsteps, I turned around to see said man approaching.

"Hey, (Y/N/N) how about we go for a flight so you can get familiar with the lay of the land." He said.

"Ah about that...., I can't fly..." I replied, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Well then I'll have to teach you." He said, giving me a smile.

"No, no you don't have too it's fine." I said.

"I insist, now come on lets head to the back yard." He said, walking to the back door.

I followed him outside, into the back yard, and into the warm air.

"Ok first things first, your going to stretch out your wings, like this." He said, unfolding his wings.

I copied him. I took a mental note on how crooked my wings were, but when I looked back at Phil I didn't see any sign of judgement on his face.

After we did that a few times, we stopped.

"Ok now..." He said going to the shed.

A few seconds later he came out holding an old, one foot by one foot, milk crate.

"We're gonna work on your landing." He finished, setting the crate down.

"Don't I need to know how to fly first?" I asked.

"Well I'd rather do this first than have a broken (Y/N/N), incase you fall." He replied.

"True." I said.

For the next 20 to 30 minutes I worked on different landing techniques. Then Phil went into the shed again and came out with another milk crate, and set it on top of the first one.

-Time skip to the fifth milk crate-

"Hey Phil?" I asked.

"Yah?" 

"Why in the world do you have so many milk crates?" I asked as he set a fifth milk crate down.

He stared off into space for a second before replying;

"I don't know." 

We worked on landing for another half hour before we stopped.

"Ok now we're going to work on gliding." He said.

"So, falling with style?" I asked.

"Yes." He replied, without missing a beat.

He then proceeded to grab yet another milk crate.

"Why can't we just use a tree?" I asked, pointing toward the tree line.

"Oh yah, I wonder why I didn't think of that?" He said, setting the milk crate down on the ground. We then made our way to a nearby tree, as we walked away the stack of milk crates collapsed. When we get to the tree I climb up too about the third branch.

"Ok, when you jump off just spread your wings out fully and you should be able to glide down, or you can open your wings and then jump off, which ever you choose." Phil called up to me.

I made my way to the edge of the thick branch, took a deep breath, and jumped. I opened my wings and glid down, having a sloppy landing.

I did this for about another 30 minutes before I was happy with my landing, by then it was nearing lunch time, and I was hungry. 

When we got inside, Phil made some grilled cheese. About 5 minutes later we were all eating lunch. 

"So how is flight practice doing?" Asked Techno who was sitting too my right.

"It's doing good." I replied, before taking another bite of my sandwich.

"I think you have done enough today, tomorrow we will work on getting you off the ground." Phil said.

"Sounds good to me." I replied.