The twisted car accident

‼️tw: car accident

merediths pov:

I was walking in the south wing of the hospital when my pager went off. 911! It came from Alex, why would he need me 911? I walk down to the pit but Alex is nowhere to be seen. I walk to the nurses station "hi have you seen Dr. Karev?" "Trauma room 2 Dr." the nurse says, I walk over to the trauma room and open the door. "Karev what do you nee-"

There she was on a gurney she looked so fragile. I tried to hold back tears but before I knew it a tear rolled down my cheek. Derek was still nowhere to be found. "Ha-have you paged Derek? What happened for gods sake?" my mother instinct kicks in and I want to know what happened and why my little Ellie-Bell is in the hospital.

"Meredith listen, she was getting some ice-cream with her nanny, but when she ran across the street she got hit by a car." oh god, this can't be true, right? "How long has she been here? What's wrong? Is there any brain damage?" I ask with worry spread all over my face.

"She is been here for a little over an hour now, she has a broken leg/arm and her lung has collapsed. We don't know why but probably because a rib punctured it." okay, that can be fixed. "and the brain damage?" "Every time we came close to shine the light in her eye she screamed and called for you or Derek"

I walked over to her side and stroke my hand over her hair. "Hey Ell" "Mommy-y" she was sobbing. "sh sh sh, it will be okay, alright. Mommy is going to shine little magic light in your eye okay?" She nod her head but winced. Alex looked at me with a 'familyisnotallowedtoworkonfamily' look. "I know" I said quietly. He gave me the light and I shined it in her little ocean blue eyes. She followed it. Thank god.

"okay, baby, can you move your fingers for me and your toes?" she moved her fingers. phew. "And your toes honey?" nothing moved. "Ellie, did you move your toes?" "hmmhm" oh no that's not good. "Alex?" I looked at him with tears welling in my eyes and a worried look. "Get neuro in here please, tell them it's about a 5 year old kid, who can't move her toes but can move her fingers."

I can't believe did happened. "Did someone page Derek??" everyone looked at each other but no one had actually paged him or called him. Great I thought I have to deliver the news. I stood up and walked outside to walk against Bailey. "Grey watch out where you're walking!" She said in a stern tone. I looked up at her with red puffy eyes and she looked at me with a confused look. "Sorry Bailey, I'm a little distracted right now." "Well pull it together and do your job" I nodded.

I grabbed my phone from my jacket and dialed Dereks number. I didn't know if he was still at the hospital or not. I lost track of time. "Hi Mer what's up?" He asked when he answered the phone. I started to cry again, I just want to hug him, and hear him saying that everything will be alright, just like I told Ellis. "Mer- Meredith whats wrong?" "I-I-" "where are you?" "I'm in the hospital, uhm- listen, Ellis was in a car accident" "SHE WAS WHAT?!" he yelled through the phone. "She-she was in a car accident." "I'm coming your way, hold on mer, I'll be right there" Derek reassured me.

18 minutes later he stormed in the ER. "Where is she?" Derek looked around. "Der-" he looked my way and rushed over to me. He hugged me tight and gave me a kiss on the top of my head. "What happened?" "I- I got paged 911 by Alex and went down here to see Ellis laying there on a gurney, Alex told me what happened and she didn't want anyone to do a neuro check-up so I did it, she followed the light and moved her fingers but she couldn't move her toes, she also has a collapsed lung and a broken arm/leg. Than I went to call you because no one did that yet, and I accidentally walked into Bailey because I was distracted and she yelled at me to get my stuff together. Than you came."

"Bailey! Is neuro in there right now?" "Yea" I said sniffling. "Meredith listen to me, our entire family exist out of fighters, Ellie will be okay, and Bailey don't mind her, I'll go after her." I hugged him tight and we sat there in from of the trauma room. Staring at the doors. Waiting for them to open and for someone to tell us some news. Hopefully good news.

I saw Bailey walking our way and gave Derek a quick squeeze because I didn't want him to attack her or something. "Grey, have your lovey-dovey moments at home or something not in the pit where patients are being treated." I felt Dereks heart-rate pick up when she said that. He grabbed my arm and stood up.

"Listen Bailey, we're not having a lovey-dovey moment because our daughter is in that damn trauma room because of a car crash, so can you please shut up and leave? Because I can't handle you yelling at my wife while she is crying over our daughter who's life is on the edge right now." He yelled at her and she looked from me to him. She looked shocked. "I-I'm sorry, will she- be okay?" "I don't know, she can't move her toes" Derek said while sitting down on the edge of the chair and laying his head in his hands. I rubbed my hand over his back.

Than suddenly the door opened and Neuro and Alex came outside....

(this will have 2/3 parts, to be continued..)