''hi remember me?''

__ this idea came to my mind and I thought let's just write it and see how it gets picked up (Derek was kidnapped by the government) <3
TW: abuse/mention of blood/no food__

Dereks pov:

Today is the day I'm going to run away, I can't do this any longer, they hurt me enough. I want to go back to Meredith, Zola and Bailey. Two years. They kept me here two years. I didn't even got to make a phone call or something. I don't know how my family is doing, did they give up searching for me? I have no idea. 

I feel like I'm a failure for going to DC in the first place. I should've just stayed in Seattle with my friends and family. My whole body hurts and everything feels sore, I don't know how I look but I do know that I have bruises everywhere and it feels like I'm bleeding. I also have some broken ribs if I'm right, a dislocated shoulder and 2 broken fingers. I have to get the hell away from here right now.

This afternoon we're going outside and I get to run 3 rounds so I'll just run the first two and the last one I take a turn and I climb over the fence. I have to be fast though, don't know if it's going to work but I have to do everything I can to run away, because if I stay here any longer I think this is going to be the reason I'm dead. 

Aren't the people here supposed to make the people feel safe? Well they don't, not even the slightest bit. Somedays I don't even eat because I'm scared they poisoned my food but after a few days I have to eat because I need to see my kids and wife before I die. If I die during surgery at Grey-Sloan I'm fine with it, I've seen my kids, my friends and my beautiful wife. In about an hour I get to go outside, think this through Derek, do NOT chicken out. I swear to god. You're leaving this toxic place.

1 hour and many thoughts later

"Derek Shepherd, you are allowed to go outside now" "thank you, sir" oh did I tell you we have to call these people sir, even though I work for them, I'm the best person they have here, I made sure everything was good, because I had hope, I had hope that when I did good I was allowed to leave but no when I did good they did nothing. 

But oh when I made a mistake, than it was an entire different story. I didn't get food for days, didn't get to go outside, had to ask for permission to go to the toilet and they only allowed me twice a day, or they beat me up until I couldn't breathe and I was throwing up. I went outside and breathed the fresh air in, and started to run, I just run my normal rounds but I don't see anyone at the fence where I have to climb over in a second. 

Sha'll I just do it now?! I look around and I see one guard but he is talking to another 'employee' I run to the fence and I get over it. I think I broke my ankle after I fell to the ground but I run, as hard as I can, just keep running Derek, I look behind me once, I don't see anyone, not a single person. I run a bit further and than I see a road. I slow down and breath heavily, I see a car coming and I wave at this person in this car.

The car stops and the person looks at me "hey man, are you okay?" I start sobbing. I need to get home now. The man gets out of his car and walks up to me, when he tries to put his hand on my shoulder I flinch. "I'm sorry" he says. "It's-it's okay, it's just, I've just ran away from the government, I was kidnapped for two years and I have a lot of injuries" he looks at me wide-eyed. 

"Do you know how far away Seattle is?" I ask the man. "It's around 20 miles from here, can I bring you somewhere a hospital or something?" I've been this close to home the entire time. omg. "Yes please- please can you bring me to Grey-Sloan hospital in Seattle. I work there- or used to work there, my wife, friends and kids are there, please?" 

"Yes- yes of course, get in my car" I sit in the passenger seat and start to cry again, I don't want to show my emotions but I can't keep it in. I can't believe I'm finally able to get away from here and get back to my family. "What if- my wife is remarried or something- or in love? oh god" "hey man, it's going to be okay, they'll be shocked at first, but they will help you I just know it" "what's your name?" "It's Mark, yours?" "Derek, nice to meet you."