Eva

Merediths pov:

I was sitting in our bedroom reading a book while Derek was taking a shower. His phone keeps beeping. It is just laying on his nightstand.. should I look?

No, I should respect his privacy.

After a few more minutes I decide to look. Its eating me from the inside not knowing why it was blowing up like that.

I roll over and grab his phone. The messages I see are:

Owen: Can you come in early tomorrow?

Callie: I think I have a solution for the brain mapping program. *multiple images*

Eva: when will I see you again?

Who in the world is Eva. I open her message and scroll up.

————————————————————

D: so I'll see you tomorrow at 3

E: yeah that's good.

D: tonight at 8?

E: yes can't wait

E: is today still on?

D: yes of course, see you soon.

E: when will I see you again?

——————————————————

I feel tears well up in my eyes when I hear the shower stop. I keep staring at his phone. Derek walks out with a towel wrapped around his waist.

He looks at me and sees me with his phone in my hands. "What- what are you doing with my phone? Are you okay?" I get up from the bed with our blanket around me. "I am disgusted"

"Meredith- what's wrong?" "You- YOU! You are the thing that's wrong, who the fuck is Eva?!" he looks away from me and goes with his hands through his hair.

"huh?!" I say. "Mer, I can explain." "Explain then." "I-  I was planning something.." "you know you can't lie, right? You can't even look at me" "because I wasn't supposed to tell you."

"Look at me!" he looks me straight in the eye and the look is full of guilt. "get out." "what- Meredith don't. I just told you the truth." "GET OUT!" I yell at him.

That's when Amelia opens the door and looks at us. "Get your disgusting brother out of here." "What the fuck happened?" "Just get him out!"

"Mer-" I ignore him and look at the wall. "Der, lets go she needs space." Amelia says. "No she is my wife, I told her the truth and now she is throwing me out. This is bullshit."

"This wouldn't have happened if you weren't texting and meeting up with another woman." I snap back. "You are meeting up with another woman??" Amelia asks Derek.

"Yeah but it's- nothing." "Der, come on let's go." "No I won't leave." "Derek Shepherd, now!" Amelia yells at him.

He walks out of the door and I hear the front door shut. I break down and sit on the edge of the bed.

I put my hand over my stomach. "Hi little one, I'm sorry for the yelling, I love you very much. We will make it, even the two of us."

I lay back down and wait until sleep washes over me. It feels like my alarm is going off 5 minutes later but it's already time for work.

I get up and get under the shower. I drive to work and do my post-ops. I see Derek walking up to me in the corner of my eye. "Mer?" "What Derek?" "I was telling the truth. You know I would never cheat on you, never in my entire life." I hum in a response and he sighs and walks away.