"Hayes, do you like him?"

Merediths pov:

He has been distant for days now and you don't know what's wrong. You know he has been stressed and tired but he wouldn't let you touch him.

At this moment in time he is sitting on the couch watching tv. You sit down next to him but he moves away. You sigh and he looks at you.

"Do you like him?" Derek asks you. "What? Who?" "Hayes, do you like him?" "That's a stupid question." "That's your answer?"

"No ofcourse not, where does this come from?" "He is always there Meredith, when you're at the bar, when you're at work, whenever you need a consult. He is always there."

"Aww are you jealous of my colleague?" "It's not funny Meredith" he says his voice cracking. It hurts your heart to hear him like this but his accusations of you cheating hurts you even more.

You heart is aching and you feel tears well in your eyes. "So, do you like him?" hearing him ask it again breaks you.

You run upstairs and get into the bathroom. You sit down on the cold floor and let the tears flow down your cheeks. Have I been with him so much? I guess Derek is right, I have been with Hayes a lot lately. Almost the entire day every day.

You hear footsteps and you try to calm yourself down. "Mer?" he says soft. "Yea" "I- I'm sorry for asking.." "hmhmm, go downstairs I'll be right there."

You hear him walk away and break down again, you can't breathe. You take a glass of water and calm yourself down a bit. You walk downstairs and sit down on the couch while Derek is sitting on a barstool.

"I- I really am sorry" you humm in a response once again and he sighs. "I- I just- I feel like I'm not there enough for you and you're seeking commitment from him. I'm scared, you'll leave me. I miss out on a lot because of this brain mapping thing and I miss you and I guess I am jealous yes, but mostly because he does get time with you and I- I don't."

You never thought this would be the reason, yes he is working a lot but you didn't think he would mind. "Oh Derek, why didn't you tell me?" "Because it's stupid and I'm just overreacting and now I made you cry and I just- I make you feel bad everyday, or I'm not there or I make you cry."

"Derek that's not true. I know you're not there a lot but that doesn't matter to me, you're the love of my life. I'll always love you no matter where you are or how many times I see you."

"You sure?" he sniffles. "I'm sure Derek. I love you." "I love you too." You walk up to him and wrap your arms around him. He snuggles up in the crook of your neck and you can feel his unsteady warm breath. "Im sorry for making you cry." "It's okay, I know now why you were jealous and I do spend a lot of time with him. But no I don't like him."

"Marry me again?" "What?" "Marry me again, please?" "Yes!" "Yes?" "Uhu" he kisses you and you laugh. "I love you so much" "I love you too!"