a surprise visit

__ I have absolutely no idea what this is, but I had this idea, and I'm writing it, its currenly 2am here, so it might have typos__ (TW: gun violence)

Dereks pov:

I wake up next to Meredith, I give her a kiss on her cheek and she stirs a bit. ''goodmorning love'' ''hmm goodmorning'' she responds in a raspy voice. ''What time do you have to get in today?'' I ask. ''10.30'' she says. ''alright, I have the day off today but I want to do some groceries and stuff for the house so it might be best if you do take the kids to daycare..'' ''yeah thats okay'' 

We get out off bed and walk downstairs. The kids are already playing around with their toys. We eat breakfast, I read the newspaper while Meredith is calling with Bailey about a surgery they're doing this afternoon when suddenly Mer is getting paged 911. ''Bailey I gotta go, I have a 911 on my hands'' I hear her say. She gives me a quick kiss, I put the kids in the car and she drives away to the hospital. 

I'm going to finish my breakfast and then I'm going shopping for Baileys room, its almost his birthday and he can use a new bed and some new painting on his walls. I also have to get some groceries. 

1 hour later

I'm in the grocery store when Mer sends me a text. 'Hi honey, I'll be home sooner, in about 2 hours, my surgery got cancelled' she says. 'alright, see you at home' I finish my groceries and I ordered a new bed for Bails and some paint. I get to my car load everything in and drive back home. I walk through the frontdoor and put all the groceries away. Meredith wont be home for about 1 hour so I just watch my show on the tv. 

About 30 minutes in I hear some noises around the house, but I dont think much of it because we live in the woods, so we hear noises all the time. I was different this time though, then out of nowhere I feel something hard hit the side of my head. ''Do not move, and do not scream, do you hear me?'' someone says. ''mhmhm'' I hum in a response. Mer is going to get home soon, she cant see this. ''who are you?'' I ask. He ignores me, I look to my side and see that the hard thing is a gun. 

''Listen, what do you need, why are you holding a gun to my head, and why are you ignoring me?'' I say in a ramble. I mean he didnt say I wasnt allowed to speak right? ''because I do not have the time to answer all these stupid questions, you can figure it out yourself, you're not stupid right?'' I look up and there he is, the man who I thought I got rid off. ''Listen, I told you before, I have nothing to do with this, Meredith is going to be home soon, she does not have to see this''

''Ahhh Meredith, thats the person I'm here for, so we can just wait here for her'' I swing my hand in the air and grab the gun, he holds me down on the couch but I get up. I hit him in the face, we fight for a few minutes before he points the gun to me again. ''Listen, Derek, you're going to sit there, on the ground right now, or your sweet little children will die too, do you hear me?'' I sit down, I cant let anything happen to them. "Do whatever you want with me, but keep my family out of this, okay?'' 

He laughs. ''No thanks, maybe your kids, but Meredith, we are soulmates, ofcourse I'm not letting her go'' he walks to the kitchen and I dont dare and move. He comes back and he ties my hands behind my back and he puts tape over my mouth. ''I'm kinda done with this bullshit talk'' he says. I hear a car coming up and I know its Meredith, what if could've just send her a message or something. She has to be safe. 

Her car door slams shut and she puts the keys in the door. He is now standing in front of me with the gun against my forehead. She opens the door and walks in with her head down. The kids come after her. ''Mommy, who is that?'' Zola asks. ''Derek?'' he doesnt say anything he keeps standing like this. ''Zola, take Bailey upstairs and go play for a while okay?'' ''okay mommy'' they walk upstairs and I feel so bad. Meredith is not going to expect this. 

''Hello?'' she asks very calmly. He turns around in a smooth motion so that I am still not visible for Meredith he keeps his hands behind his back so that the gun is still faced on my forehead. I can hear Mer gasp. ''Listen, Finn, I dont know, what you're doing in my house, but I need you to leave'' I can hear the fear in her voice. He turns around again and he steps aside. I can now see Mer, fully. She gasps at the sight of me and tears begin to stream down her face. 

''Your little husband here, tried to get himself killed, to have you and the kids left alone, but thats not what I want, you know what I want right?'' she couldnt keep her eyes off of me. ''y-you want m-me?'' ''Exactly, we're soulmates, we're made for eachother'' he says. Tears start to stream down my face, I get all these flashbacks from when my dad got shot, and if I dont be careful I'm getting a panic attack and no one will be able to calm me down. 

I start to say stuff under the tape, but nothing gets out other then some weird noises. ''o-okay fine, I'll come with you, but let me say goodbye to my kids and my husband, ex-husband please?'' I look up at her in shock, she have to be kidding right? She is not leaving with him, and divorcing me. I'm now screaming at her. ''That's  a deal, go to your kids first'' she walks away and the door to the playroom opens. 

Finn turns to me and just looks at me. ''See, I told you we are soulmates, I dont know why she ever chose to marry you anyway'' I hear Meredith come back and I look at her with pleading eyes. ''Can I please get some privacy?'' she asks. ''Sure my lady'' Finn says and walks away. 

She sits down in front of her, and I look at the ground, tears streaming down my face. I cant believe she would betray me like this. She lifts my chin and I look her in the eyes. She puts her finger over her lips and shh me, she rips the tape of my mouth and I groan. ''Der, listen, I'm not going to leave you, I'm going to untie you and when you just wait here. When we're about to walk out of the house, you get up grab something, and you stop him okay?'' ''Hmmhm'' thank god I really thought she would leave. She gives me a kiss on my lips and walks away.

''Finn, i'm ready!!'' he gets back into the livingroom and just looks at me. ''Well, Derek, say goodbye to your beautiful wife'' I dont say anything, I have to act hurt, so I just look at the ground. They walk away, I stand up walk to the kitchen and grab a pan. I walk up behind him and hit the back of his head. Meredith runs up to me and she jumps into my arms. ''Its okay, you're okay, I'm right here, I'm so sorry Meredith'' she looks up at me in shock. 

''This is not your fault, do you understand me? Lets call 911'' we called 911 and they picked Finn up, we sent them the security footage and we went back inside, to our kids. We watched movies the entire night, enjoying eachothers company. We we're still here, together and alive.