Cheating?

Merediths pov:

I was walking downstairs with Derek, we both had to go to work today so we brought the kids to daycare. I was scrubbing in on an liver replacement. I had Deluca on the case with me, he was a resident, but he was very good in what he does, and he looks alot like Derek but then younger. I was scrubbing in and Deluca joined me. ''Hi Deluca, are you ready?'' ''Yes, ofcourse Dr. grey'' he came closer and closer until the door was slammed open.

''Derek?'' ''I need to talk to you'' he said with a stern look. ''okay?, Deluca let us alone for a sec, I'll be right there'' he walks into the or and Derek and I are alone. ''Whats wrong?'' ''i dont want you to do this surgery with him on the case.'' ''What? Why not?'' ''Dont you see, meredith, that kid is in love with you'' ''what? dont be ridiculous.'' ''He was almost touching your face Meredith, before I burst in.''

''Derek, dont be jealous of a resident, it will be fine, he is not in love with me'' he looks at me with shocked eyes, turns around and slams the door behind him. I'm shocked, he never got this mad over me scrubbing in with a resident before. I walk into the or and start my surgery. 

13 hours later, I'm done and I'm scrubbing out, Deluca is also scrubbing out. He is standing next to me, his left arm touching my right. ''Well done Deluca, you're very good at what you do'' ''thank you Dr. Grey'' we walk out of the scrub room together and walk down the hallway to the nurses station. Suddenly he stands still and he turns me around, he looks me in the eyes and he leans in. 

Then out of nowhere his lips are on mine, and after 2 seconds I push him off of me. When I look around to see if anyone saw that, almost 20 people are standing around us, whispering and saying things as 'is she cheating? does Derek know? did she kiss him?'  I turned around and saw Derek walking away, he probably saw it too. 

I slap Deluca across the face, and run after Derek. He gets into an on-call room and I try to open the door but its locked. ''Derek let me in'' ''No, I told you he was in love with you, you told me I was crazy and then you kiss him? YOU KISSED HIM'' his voice cracks and I know he is crying. ''Derek, please, he- he kissed me'' ''yeah, right, then why are you stuttering, you only stutter when you're lying, and why did you immediately run after me, which means you were looking if people saw that interaction'' 

All these nurses are now watching me, trying to get Derek to let me in. But he wont. ''Derek?'' I whisper against the door. Everyone gets quiet and I can hear him slide down to the floor, and sobbing. ''What did I do wrong?'' he whispered to himself. He is probably not aware of the fact that everyone is quiet, and everyone can hear him. 

''Meredith?'' ''Yes?'' I stand up immediately. ''I need some space, you can stay at home, I'll just go to a hotel.'' ''Derek that is ridiculous!'' ''JUST AS RIDICULOUS AS SAYING HE IS IN LOVE WITH YOU?'' ''I didnt mean it like that Derek, listen, he kissed me, I swear, I pushed him off right after'' he hummed in a response. I walk away with tears streaming down my face and nurses watching me. I get into an on-call room and lock the door. I lay down and I just feel numb, I cant lose him.

After about two hours I take the kids and go home. When I get there, I walk into the bedroom and can see that his cologne and his pyjamas are gone. I put the kids to bed, and throw myself under the shower. A little while after I lay in bed and fall into a good sleep.

The next morning at the hospital

I walk inside and everyone is watching me, I have no idea why, I thought they would've been over it by now, but I guess not. I hear the nurses whisper things as 'I heard he wants a divorce, did he already send the papers?, where did he go?, he hasnt showed up yet'  I was getting very worried now, I walked to the chiefs office and asked where Derek was, he didnt know the answer. 

Deluca's pov:

I can hear all the nurses whisper things about that kiss from yesterday. I probably should've never done it but I felt like it, and I wanted to let her know how I feel about her. There she is, tears streaming down her face, scanning the hospital hallways. ''Dr. Grey, whats wrong?'' ''Nothing'' she walks away angry and sad.

I walk down to the nurses station and overhear the conversation. 'I heard he didnt came home last night, and that he wants a divorce, he also hasnt showed up to work yet'  Oh god, thats why Meredith is crying, I did this to her. I kissed her, I should've never done it, I caused her this pain. I run around the hospital, checking every oncall-room to see if Derek is there, but he isnt. I decide to go over to his house to see if he is there. 

I drive over to their house, and park my car, I walk around the house to see if he is in there, and it doesnt look like it, but then when I was just about to turn around and get back to the hospital, I hear someone. I walk over to the lake and I see Derek, sitting there, I think he is drunk, since he is fishing without bait and there are alot of beer cans around him. He looks around and sees me. 

''What are you doing here?'' ''Look, I came here to say, that I kissed Meredith, she didnt kiss me, she didnt even kiss me back, she pushed me away immediately and then slapped me in my face when she ran after you, she wasnt even comfortable with my arm touching her arm. She wont even talk to me, she is hurt, and she doesnt stop crying, she is worried sick about you and she is even more afraid that you'll ask for a divorce, she loves you so much Derek, she cant live without you'' 

He stands up and I am afraid he'll beat me to death, but instead he says that we should go to the hospital. I drive and we get on the ferryboat, the entire ride is silent, we arrive at the hospital and we walk in. Everyone stares at us, I tell the nurse to page her. 5 minutes later she is still not there.

Derek and I walk around the entire hospital looking for her, then we see her, tears across her face, she is shaking and her shirt is wet from the tears. ''Meredith?'' Derek says in a soft voice. She turns around and she just stands there, she probably doesnt want to hug him, because she is scared that he is here to ask for a divorce. Derek walks towards her and wraps his arms around her body, he holds her tight until she stops shaking. 

''Its okay, you're okay, I'm here, and I am not going anywhere then home with you'' ''what- are you not mad at me anymore?'' ''No Deluca, came by the house and told me he kissed you, and that you pushed him off, and slapped him across the face'' ''oh thank god, I was so scared Derek'' 

''It's okay, lets go home okay?'' ''yes, I'm sorry for not believing you" they walked out of the hospital together, and everyone watched them leave with a smile on their faces. They were the perfect couple, the great love story.