''Meet me there''

Patricks pov:

Meet me there at 7pm in 6 days..

That's what she told me 6 days ago. It's now 6.15pm, I dont know what to expect. She probably knows I divorced Jill through the news. I don't know why I'm going there, she didn't want to talk to me at all when I wanted to tell her about my divorce. 

So this better be good or else.. I dont know what else. I just know it's over then and I'm quitting greys. I can't work with her when we're not on the same page in real life. I'm sitting on my bed trying to decide what to wear. I just go for a sweater and some jeans. 

I walk downstairs and grab something to drink. I'm nervous.. and for what. What if she tells me she is staying with Chris.. or what if she's pregnant.. or what if she loves me.. everything can happen. It's 6.45pm and I decide to get in my car. 

I drive to our spot. It's a cliff where you can see the entire city. I arrive and no one is there yet. I decide to get out of my car and walk up to this tree. I sit against it and wait for her to show up. 

In the meantime I'm overthinking everything that can happen, everything that she can tell me. She could fire me if she wanted to. I look over the city and just wait. 

6.50pm

7.00pm

7.15pm

8.00pm

8.30pm

Nothing, it's 1,5 hour after we were supposed to meet here. I dont know what to do, should I just wait? I'm leaving in 15 minutes.

Ellens pov:

The 6 days are over. Will Patrick be there when I arrive in 30 minutes? I dont know. I'll have to wait and see. 

I change into this blue dress. I kept it for something special. I brush my teeth and walk downstairs. Just when I'm about to walk to my car another car pulls up in front of my house.

Chris. 

''Chris? What are you doing here, I have to be somewhere?'' ''You're not going anywhere.'' ''Yes I am, what are you talking about?'' ''We're going to talk. Right freaking now.'' ''Cant it wait till tomorrow? You can stay in the guestroom or whatever.'' ''No! Now.'' 

He has this harsh tone, I've never heard it before. I dont even know what he wants to talk about. We signed the divorce paper yesterday and everything went fine, so I dont know whats wrong. I grab my phone and type a text to Patrick. 

Just when I'm about to send it Chris grabs my phone and holds it. ''What do you think you're doing?'' ''I want to talk, thats not happening with a phone, so get inside.'' 

I walk inside and just stand there. ''So?'' ''What?'' ''What do you want to talk about?'' I ask. ''us'' ''oh my god Chris, we divorced already.'' ''So what? I want you back.'' 

''You're not getting me back, you cheated on me with multiple girls and I had to find out through my fans.'' ''It was a mistake.'' ''That's not something you can call a mistake Chris. A mistake is something that happens once, not multiple times.'' 

''I'm sorry.'' ''I know you are, but we're not getting back together, if you dont mind I have to be somewhere, I'm already 45 minutes late.'' ''no'' ''no?'' 

He walks up to me and corners me in the kitchen. ''Chris you're scaring me, what do you want?'' ''You'' ''No Chris. Did you drank?'' he is standing so close to me, I can smell the alcohol. 

''Chri-'' I'm about to ask him whats wrong, because he never drinks but I'm cut off by a slap across my cheek. I put my hand against the burning feeling. ''What the hell? What is wrong with you?!'' I yell at him. 

''I cant live without you Ellen.'' ''I can live without you, I never thought I'd have to but you cheated on me multiple times Chris, it's not something I can just fucking forget, and lets not forget you just slapped me.'' he just stands there looking at me. ''Now get out of my way, I have to be somewhere.'' 

He steps aside and I walk out of my house. I get into my car and drive away. It's a 30 minute drive from my house so I hope he is still there. It's busy on the road. I dont know why since it's 8.45pm. 

I arrive at 9.20pm but I see nothing. I walk up to our tree when I see a note. 

''I dont know if you will see this, but you were late.. or you just didn't decide to show up I guess I'll never know. Can you please tell Shonda I'm quitting greys? I'm sorry Ellen, but I cant work with you if you're not willing to talk to me after our scenes.. I'll miss you, I hope you and Chris will work out and you have the kids you always wanted. You deserve it. I love you. -PD'' 

Goddamnit. Why does Chris always have to ruin everything. I run to my car and decide to drive to his house. I knock on his door and yell his name but he doesn't open the door. I dont know if he's there but he isnt answering. I walk back to my car and go home. I call him but he is ignoring me. 

My texts are left on delivered. I guess I really screwed up. This is it. 

4 years later

I havent seen or heard anything from Patrick. Not on the news, not on twitter. Greys is ending. This season will be the last. I miss him. I just want to know if he is okay. I decide to do the last thing I ever thought I'd do. 

I text Jillian. 

''Hi Jillian. I know you do not expect a text from me, but I havent heard anything from Patrick in 4 years. Is he okay? Did he start acting on another show? I'd love to meet up with him again soon. Love Ellen'' 

In one hour I have an answer. Fast. 

''Hi Ellen, I dont know how he is. We kinda stopped talking after the divorce. As much as I know, he hasnt been acting since greys. Maybe you could just go by his house sometimes. He should be there. I hope you get answers soon. Lots of love.'' 

I dont want to just knock on his frontdoor after 4 years but decide to go to his house after work. 

I walk up to his frontdoor and there is no answer. ''Patrick.. it's me Ellen, I know I screwed up but I miss you. A lot actually. Can we talk?'' still no answer. He really hates me. Tears are welling up in my eyes. I get back in my car and drive to our spot. 

There are a few cars there in the parking lot. I walk to our tree when someone else is sitting there. ''Hey, do you mind if I join you? I would always come here with my- bestfriend but he cut contact and I miss him?'' I ask. The man stands up and turns around. 

I just stand there in shock. ''Pat?'' ''Ellen'' I dont know what to say. I fall to the ground and my tears stream down my cheeks. He walks up to me and wraps his arms around me. ''sh sh, it's okay, I'm here.'' I cry into his chest and he kisses the top of my head.

God I missed him. ''Where have you been?'' ''I was- with my mom in Maine but I came back a few weeks ago, stayed at home in the mornings and afternoon and at night time I came here.'' ''Why did you never respond to my calls?'' 

''You didnt show up Ellen.. I thought everything was a joke, that you didnt want to have anything to do with me..'' ''I miss you like hell you idiot. I wanted to meet here so I could tell you I divorced Chris and I wanted to be with you. But I was late because Chris barged into my house to tell me he wanted me back. I arrived here around 9.30pm but all that was left from you was that note.'' 

''Do you still?'' he asks. ''What?'' ''Do you still want to be with me?'' ''oh.. uhm'' ''oh.. did you meet someone else?'' ''Oh god no. I still want to be with you but- I have a child now..'' ''What?'' ''I adopted her after two years.'' ''Oh wow. You have a child. What is she like?'' ''She is- amazing, beautiful so sweet and just- amazing.'' 

''I'm happy for you Ellen.'' ''We could- you know- be together and raise Sky together? If you still want to be with me ofcourse if you dont want to be wit-'' ''yes'' ''yes?'' ''I'd love to'' he says. 

''wow. okay then.'' ''I love you'' ''I love you too'' 

We both lean in and our lips touch. This feeling. Damn. I'm so stupid for not coming back here sooner. I missed him so much. ''Let's go to my house okay? The nanny should be waiting for me.'' ''Yea, lets go.'' 

We walk to my car and drive to my house. Sky and Patrick meet and the sparkle lights up in his eyes when he is talking to her. Nothing can pull us apart anymore.