''you're the worst mom''

__Zola is 15 and the only merder child__

Merediths pov:

''You're the worst mom ever, I hate you'' Zola yells at me. That's when I dont know what to say anymore, I get quiet and look away. ''What is going on in here?'' Derek says when he walks in. I walk out of the kitchen and get in our bedroom. She hates me? Derek always reassured me I would be a good mother. I thought I was.

That's when I break down. My worst fear was to be a terrible mom. Apparently I am. I sit against the wall when I hear a knock on my door. ''Mer, let me in'' ''It's unlocked'' Derek walks in and he wraps his arms around me.

''Am I getting like my mom?'' ''What? No Meredith, never!'' Derek reassures. ''hmm'' ''why would you ask that?'' ''Zola and I got in a fight and she called me the worst mom and she said she hates me.'' ''She doesnt hate you Meredith, and you're an amazing mom.''

''She said it herself'' ''I know honey, but she was just mad, she doesnt mean it. Do you want me to make dinner?'' ''Sure, I'm staying here for a few minutes, I'll be down soon.'' ''Alright, I love you Meredith'' ''I love you too'' he walks out of our bedroom and he starts making dinner.

I cant go down there, I cant look my daughter in the eye. I cant live with the fact that she hates me. I really thought I did good as a mother. I would do anything for her.

A few minutes later I hear Derek yell ''Meredith dinner is ready'' apparently I've been sitting there thinking for over 30 minutes. ''I'll be down soon'' I yell back. I get into the bathroom and throw some water in my face.

I look terrible and they will definitely notice I've been crying, I cant do anything about that right now so I walk downstairs, grab a glass of water and sit down next to Derek. ''Where is Zola?'' ''She said she would come down in a second, ZOLA!''

Zolas pov:

My dad yells for me again, I get up and walk downstairs when I hear my parents talk. ''Great now I ruined dinner with my family too.'' ''Meredith she will come'' ''why would she? why in gods name would she want to eat dinner with her mom who she hates?''

''My worst fear was to be like my mom, a terrible mother-'' ''you're nothing like your mom , Meredith'' ''Zola just proved I am.'' ''Meredith...'' ''No you dont get to say something, she doesn't hate you and she doesn't think you aren't a good parent. I'm going for a walk, just tell her I'm gone and she will come downstairs to eat with you.''

''Meredith.. stay'' ''no, I- I need to clear my head'' ''alright, be safe, love you'' ''love you too''

I hear the frontdoor close and I walk downstairs. ''Where did mom go?'' ''She is going for a walk, she had to clear her head.'' ''oh'' ''you really hurt her Zola.'' ''What are you talking about? She started the fight.'' ''I dont care who started the fight, I'm not saying its your fault, I'm just saying you hurt her.''

''You said the one thing, she never wanted to hear, and the one thing she was afraid of.'' ''I- I was just mad'' ''I know that, but she doesn't, let's just eat now before it gets cold."

"Yea, let's just eat." I grab a plate and sit down.

About two hours later the front door opens. "I'm back." My mom yells. "Oh- hi Zola, where's your dad?" "he is in the bathroom" I say as she walks closer to the couch.

"oh okay" she walks away and she gives me a quick glance. Her eyes are bloodshot red. "Have you been crying?" she stops immediately but she doesn't turn around.

"no" "hm okay" she walks upstairs and I hear the bathroom door open. "Derek I'm back" "Hi, how was your walk?" "It was- fine" her voice cracks and I hear my dad say "Meredith.." my mom breaks down and I can hear her silent cries.

"Meredith come here" my dad says. "I- I can't, I can't just come home and look at my beautiful daughter with the thought she doesn't even love me." That's it, I have to apologise. I do love her, the most.

I walk upstairs silently and wait a few seconds. "Meredith." "No Derek- please- just- she doesn't love me and I have to learn to live with that but it can take awhile" I walk in, my mom is sitting in my dads lap with her head on his chest. "I do love you."

She looks up at me and I feel my heart break. "You're not a terrible mother and I don't hate you. I was just mad." "No its fine, I know your dad talked you into this. Its-" "no he didn't." "you didn't?" My mom asks my dad. He shakes his head.

"I love you so much mom, you're the best, you did everything right, you gave me everything a kid could wish for." "You sure?" "Yes, I'm so thankful. I love you"

She stands up and walks up to me. "I love you too Zozo, I love you too and I'm sorry" "you have nothing to be sorry for mom."

__this idea popped up in my head last night so I decided to write it. I kinda like it. Don't forget to vote and to comment! Love y'all have a good day__