Detention for Two

Jo's POV
It's finally the end of the first day, and I'd have to say- I can't complain too much. After lunch, I had my AP art studio, AP english, and Probability & Statistics classes. As I make my way to the office to try one last time to change my Team Sports class, I see Karassa and her friends headed my way. Wonderful.

"So Josephine, I see you've definitely changed over the summer.." She rolls her eyes, followed by her friends mimicking her.

"Hi Karassa. Nice to see you too." I smirk.

"Just a piece of Advice. Because I care about you so so much, Hero is never going to be with someone like you. Obviously you aren't stupid enough to think that..." She states as she flips her hair.

"Gee Karassa, I see this summer hasn't really changed you one bit... you're still a sad insecure little bitch, who obviously isn't stupid either..." I say back, just as our assistant principal Miss Leighton walks by.

"Josephine Langford. Office. Now." She barks.

"Miss Leighton, it wasn't just me.." I try to explain, but Karassa just smirks and walks away with her friends. She literally gets away with everything.

How unfair. As I walk to the office, to the dentention room, I see Hero sitting with his bag at his feet, texting furiously under his desk.

"Seriously? I can totally tell what you're doing" I mumble as I take the sit in front of him.

"I just heard what happened Pidge. I'm sorry it's all my fault.." He starts to say, but is interrupted by the teacher sitting in front for our detention hour.

"Shhhh"

"It's Fine. But you owe me a ride, since we are both going to be late for neighbor night" I groan.

"Oh shit. I forgot that's tonight. I'm actually going to a party..." He winces.

"God, that's the third time in a row you've missed our parents get together with each other.. also who has a party on the first school night of the year?.." I complain.

"Come with me tonight" He suggests with a smirk.

"I'd rather eat out of a trashcan then go to a stupid high school party.." I roll my eyes.

"Fine. Then I'm not going either." He declares.

"Uh-huh. You're the big hockey star, if you don't go the world will stop spinning" I joke.

"Nahh. I actually haven't seen Jacob in a while, I owe him some time."

Jacob is my little brother who's 12, who absolutely adores Hero. He is literally his biggest fan. We all used to be super close, but then you know how things go, we all go separate ways and grow up.

After our hour is up, and I've successfully finished all of my homework, and started my AP art sketch, I collect my things and kick Hero's chair.

"What? What happened?" He jolts awake.

"How was your hour nap? By the way, why are you in dentention on YOUR first day?" I ask nosingly.

"Umm.. well... see I got into a fight.. again." He nervously explains.

"Seriously?? I thought you were over that" I mumble.

"It was actually about you... but don't worry. I took care of it" He grins.

"Wait! WHAT?!!" I shriek.

"Some guys were talking about you at the lunch table and I just kinda lost it. I mean, like have some respect. You are a human being.. not a piece of meat" He shyly confesses.

"Oh. Well... thanks.. I guess?" I mumble back just as we reach his car.

"No biggie. Hey Pidge?" He asks me.

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for talking to me again" He confesses.

"It doesn't mean I forgive you, ya know. I'm just tolerating you." I smirk.

"Right, right" He smirks back, as he turns on the radio and we drive home in comfortable silence.