The Text Message

Jo's POV
As I throw open my closet doors, I am determined to find the perfect second day outfit. I used to not really care, it's just clothes.. but I've had more guys pay attention to me today, then in my freaking full 11 years of school. I swear, a girl loses her braces, ditches her glasses, and FINALLY grows a chest and somehow she's on everyone's radar. When I think I've finally settled on the perfect outfit, my phone buzzes with a message from Hero..?

Hero: Hey Pidge, Ride to school 7:30?

I'm honestly a bit surprised. For having not talked more than an occasional hey for 5 years, we've talked more today then I ever expected.

Me: Sure, sounds like a plan.

Hero: wanna hang after school 2morrow?

What?! He is acting strange!! I wonder what's gotten into him.

Me: actually have plans srry.

Hero: With Matt?

Me: Yep

Hero: K

Well looks like I've pissed him off. He can't expect me to drop everything, when suddenly he decides he wants to be friends again. Honestly, I give it two days until him and Barbie will be made up and I'll be back to invisible. Such is life. As I grab my pjs, not unicorn ones this time, this time a big old tshirt, wait. Is that Hero's hockey number? Why do I have this? Jacob must have borrowed it, and it ended up in my laundry. Oh well. As I crawl into bed and turn off the light, I can still smell a hint of Hero's cologne on it, but I snuggle it anyway. Who's gonna know?

Hero's POV
As I finish texting Pidge, I slam my phone down in frustration. Dammit! Matt has got to back the fuck off. Seriously. I don't want to get in the way but I'm dying to take matters into my own hands and give him a text. As I go grab my charger from below the window, I see Pidge shutting her closet doors and... Oh my god. She's dressing. I don't want to be a perv but I can't look away. I mean she isn't naked. She has on wait...... my old hockey jersey?? She sleeps in my jersey? I see her give it a a small smell, and smile as she climbs into bed. I duck under the window like a creep as she shuts off her lamp. Okay, so new plan. No way in HELL is Matt hanging out with Pidge. I will make sure of it!!
I decide to send a text to Matt ASAP.

Hero: Dude, back the fuck off of Pidge.

Matt: Who is this?

Hero: Haha not funny.

Matt: I didn't think she liked u anymre

Hero: Well she does. So..

Matt: K hint taken.

There. Done and Done. Now I bet she'll want to hang after school tomorrow. I don't mean to medle in her business, but Matt is 100% a player. He only thinks of himself and the piece of ass he can get for the week. Pidge deserves better. She deserves more. I just hope he keeps his mouth shut about my text. That would be such a mess.