The Unexpected

Jo's POV
I could tell Hero was going to get serious with me, so I jumped up and ran to the car like the chicken I am. We've only been dating for two weeks, but honestly, it's been the most amazing two weeks of my entire life. He is perfect. We are perfect. We have such an amazing connection. I want to tell him I love him. But I know he's known for being a player, a big flirt, and a very experienced guy, so I hear... Me- on the other hand.. I've had one boyfriend. Sophomore year of high school, we dated from Thanksgiving to New Years Eve, until I saw him kissing some other girl at a party right before midnight during the countdown. We broke up obviously, but what I still wonder, is how he got a black eye by the time winter break was over. For some weird reason, I've always had a feeling it was Hero. I've never asked him, I wouldn't know how to. We weren't really friends during that time. Anyway, my experience level is zip. Zero. Nada. I've only made out with a guy. Hero on the other hand was dating Barbie, and I'm sure was getting everything imaginable and more. I don't mean to compare myself to her, but I'm only human. I do like how slow Hero is taking things, but I did feel like he was going to confess something big, so long story short- I'm a big old coward and ran like a little girl. Oh well. We have time.

On the way to school, we rap old Eminem songs together, and dance like fools. If only life could always be this simple. When I look at Hero, I'm happy and genuinely myself. I let my guard down, I just hope he doesn't break my heart. Again.

The rest of the school day flies by, and I get enough homework to last me until next Friday sadly. I don't let it get me down though, because there is excitement in the air. It's Game time. The game starts in less than 3 hours. As the final bell rings, I take Hero's car back to my house, to change and drop my stuff off, and hit the road. I can't believe he's letting me drive his car. It's his pride and joy, and he trusts me! Hero is staying at school, to board the bus from there. I'm also meeting his Ma at the game as well. So at least I won't be sitting alone. I'm excited, and nervous. I always get nervous when I used to watch him
play on the ice. The game itself is so violent and rough, I was always holding my breath watching. I don't know how Hero's Mom is so calm during his games. I need some pointers from her.

As I turn on my playlist for the drive and turn onto the highway, my music starts blasting through Hero's speakers. I can't wait to see him win. To Parkview High, Here I come!!

Hero's POV
I let Pidge drive my car to Parkview. I'm so in love with her, it doesn't even bother me- that she's driving the most important thing I own. As we all huddle up, to hear Coach before we board the bus, I don't fucking believe my eyes. Why the hell is Karassa here? She's wearing a hockey jacket and has a clipboard. She has a smirk as she looks my way. What the fuck.

"Team, we have our assistant hockey manager for this season, Karassa. Please check in with her as we board the bus. Let's go Kick some Parkview Butt!" Coach yells as he gets on the bus first.

You've got to be kidding me. She doesn't even like Hockey. As I wait to get on the bus Cameron rolls his eyes towards Karassa. He knows exactly what she's up to. She's such a drama magnet.

"Hero Fiennes Tiffin" She smirks as she checks off my name on her clipboard. I don't say a word. She doesn't need any bite to try and talk to me.

As I slide next to Cameron on the bus seat, I immediately grab my phone out to text Pidge, to tell her about Karassa, but as soon as I do...

"Oh my gosh!" Karassa gasps as she somehow trips on air? and lands on my lap. What the fuck.

"I'm so sorry Hero, guess I'm still clumsy as ever" She smirks as she still is sitting on my fucking lap.

"Get the Fuck off me" I say to her.

"It was an accident, Hero... God" She huffs as she finds her own seat in the back... wait what the hell is Matt on the bus for. They both are sitting together, while smirking. Something doesn't sit well with me.

Jo's POV
As I driving, I'm feeling on cloud 9 and so excited to see Hero play! I'm about 20 minutes from Parkview, when my phone buzzes. It's an unknown number. Thinking it's probably junk or spam, I continue jamming out to my playlist. After it buzzes annoyingly three more times, I decide to check it quick. It's an image someone texted me of.... what the hell? Karassa sitting on Hero's lap on the bus??? As I see the image, I'm literally too distracted and don't realize I'm in the wrong lane... until everything goes black.