Our Day

Hero's POV
As I sit nervously in the living room and make small talk with Pidge's Mom and Jacob, I can't help but wonder if she chickened out. She's taking such a long time getting ready. As I hear shuffling coming from the stairs, I glance up to see my beautiful Pidge in a tiny yellow sundress. She is breathtaking. She acts like it's no big deal, but I can't help myself. I'm staring like this is the first time I've laid eyes on her.

"Ready" She mumbles, as she grabs her sweater and purse.

"You look really nice Pidge" I muster. Nice? That's what I could come up with? I'm usually smooth and collect with my compliments. She makes me a damn fool for her.

"Have fun you two" Jo's Mom tells us, as she hug her and whispers in her ear, "be nice."

I can't help but chuckle a little, which only annoys Pidge more. I can tell, the way she huffs past me out the front door.

"Work your magic Hero. She isn't going to be an easy forgiver even though I know the truth" Her Mom whispers as she smiles a small smile.

"This Day will change her mind about me. I just know it" I mumble as I shut the front door and walk to my replacement car.

"So? Now what?" She says as she shields the sun from her eyes, leaning against my hood of my car.

"Don't be too excited now, I wouldn't want you to burst" I smirk, as I motion for her to turn around, so I can tie the blindfold around her eyes.

"Heroooo..." She complains, "I'm not really one for surprises" She whines in her cute but fierce way.

"It'll be fine" I smirk as I help her into the passenger seat, and lean over her to buckle her. I pause just a second too long in front of her face, as she sits innocently waiting for me to buckle her seatbelt. I want so badly to just ghost her perfect full lips, but I resist, and take a deep breath and shut her door. Damn. This better work.

As I make my way to spot number one of our "One Day" I glance at Pidge and smile. She's clueless and actually playing along to my ridiculous blindfold.

"Okay, so in five minutes we will be at our first stop. It's kind of an important one..." I trail off as I park the car and jog to her side. I untie the blindfold and she looks up at our destination confused.

"You brought me to the hospital?" She asks.

"Follow me" I grin, as I take her hand and lead her inside.

Once inside, I follow the directions, I memorized so carefully, that lead us to a "classroom" you could call it. The sign on the door says- Jodie's Lamaze Class.

"What is this place?" She says as she peeks in the window and sees a class taking place with a bunch of pregnant women and their partners.

"This is where my Ma, met your Mom for the first time. They realized they were due the same exact date, same hospital obviously. Without this class, we would have never come this far. Our Mom's became friends- right in there" I explain, as I watch Pidge smile and cheeks turn a light pink.

"Wow. That's pretty incredible" She whispers, as I squeeze her hand, she hasn't taken away from mine yet. Either she's warming back up to me, or just just forgot to take it back..

"Okay.. blindfold back on" I smirk.

"Really???" She whines.

"Yes Bab- I mean.... yes Pidge" I quickly say, trying to cover up my mistake of calling her Baby.

"Okay" She smiles.

As I make our way to the next stop, it's the spot where I got into my first fight when I was eight- defending Jo. She never knew it was because of her though. Until Now.

"What?? You fought Tommy, because of me?" She gasps, recalling my first black eye and how I got grounded for two weeks.

"He started it. No one talks about my best friend like that.... you were small, but someone needed to defend you" He shyly replies.

"Tommy called me ugly? So you fought him?" She giggles, as we swing on the swings at the park where this all went down.

"Also you weren't ugly. You haven't been ugly a day in your life" I tell her as I jump off my swing.

"Alrighty.. Blindfold." I order, as Jo jumps off her swing and lands next to me in the grass.

"Yessir" She salutes with a smirk.

Our third stop is the last and final stop. But first I want to make sure Pidge eats lunch. I want to take care of her. So I pull into Mary's drive in.

"Lunchtime" I announce, as she slides the blindfold off.

"I haven't been here in ages" She says, as she licks her lips and moans looking at the menu.

"Hi. Welcome To Mary's" An older woman says in a monotone voice, that is not even the slightest bit chirper.

After we eat our cheeseburgers, fries, onion rings, milkshakes, orange soda's, I pay the bill, and wait for our tray to be taken.

"That was sooo good" Pidge exclaims. "Thank you Hero" She smiles.

"Anything for you, Pidge" I say, as I lightly graze her exposed thigh from her dress that's riding up. I make tiny circles on her leg, as I watch her breathing catch and quicken.

"Hero. I lo-.." She begins to whisper looking into my eyes, just as the waitress comes back. Seriously!!she has the worst timing in the fucking world!

"Thanks for eating at Mary's" She recites, as she takes our tray.

"Wait. Ma'am?" I say.

"Yes sir?"

"Here. Have a good day" I tell her as I hand her a $50 in her hand.

"Uh.. um.. Wow. Are you sure?" She asks dumbfounded.

"Yes I'm sure" I say, as I start backing out of the parking space, when I turn to wave her goodbye, her expression is renewed with life, and she actually smiles.

Paying it forward is something my Ma always taught me. No matter where, who, or what the person is doing- always think of others and don't judge them.

"What were you going to say?" I ask Pidge, curiously.

"You still do that?" She asks surprised.

"What? Pay it forward? Of course, I'm not a complete dick, like you think I am" I shrug, as I see her stare out the window. If only I could read her mind and see what she's thinking about right now.

As we get to our last destination, Pidge slides off her blindfold and her breath hitches.

"The roller rink?" She whispers.

"Yeah, I want a do over of our birthday, the unspoken one, where I was a jerk to you" I confess, as I turn to face her in the car.

"Hero... I-.." She starts but I interrupt her.

"Pidge. I'm sorry. I have made many, many, many mistakes in my life- a lot of them having to do with you. But I did Not cheat on you. It was a set up, one that was cruel and unfair. I get it- you don't feel the same way anymorw, and are stubborn as fuck. I realized when I saw you in the hospital, you aren't just my childhood best friend, and next door neighbor. You are it for me. You are endgame.." I trail off, just as Pidge crashes her lips into mine.

The kiss is the best kiss of my life. Yes, the kiss is filled with lust and want, but it's also filled with Passion and a deep underlying of.. could it be love?

"Hero. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't give you a chance to explain yourself. I think deep down, I knew you didn't cheat. I'm just scared. Scared because... I... I love you Hero" Pidge exclaims, as she leans her forehead aganist mine.

With this new profound confession of Love, Love for pete's sake. We fucking love each other. I can't help but crash my lips back into her.

"Baby?" I ask, as I put a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Yes, Hero?"

"Let's go rollerskating" I smile, as I squeeze her hand and smile.

"Okay Love" She smiles with a small giggle.