Hero

Jo's POV
As I lay in this hospital bed, I seriously try to remember anything, ANYTHING! Nothing comes to my mind. My parents and Brother just left, (or so I'm told that's who they were) and now it's just me, until there's a light knock on the door.
It's the guy from earlier.

"Hey, is it ok if we hang out?" He shyly asks as he balances on the doorway.

"Ah sure. You're Hero?" I ask hoping I got it right.

"Yeah, I'm Hero" he smiles.

"And you're my boyfriend?" I ask nervously hoping to casually bring the next question up that's on my mind.

"Have we slept together?" I quickly spit out as I hide my blushing cheeks in my hands.

Hero chuckles softly, but mutters, "no, we haven't slept together Pidge."

"Okay. I would have remembered if we had... because you are very good looking and seem like a kind guy" I ramble on, as I close my eyes, partly from embarrassment and because the pain of my head is pounding.

"Would it be okay, if I slept in here, just to keep an eye on you?" Hero asks.

"Sure" I whisper as I start to doze off, but not before hearing him whisper this: I love you Josephine. We will get through this Baby. As he sniffles and holds my hand.

When I wake up, I feel 50% better than the day before. The pain is tolerable, but my memory is still zip, zero. As I lay in bed, I see what must be my cell phone laying on the table next to me. As I hold it in my hand, something clicks, and I have a flashback of a pair of headlights coming right towards me. I quickly jerk my head and shut my eyes. The Accident. I remember holding my phone and then seeing the opposite side of traffic coming right towards me. But why was I holding my phone? As I turn the phone on, I open the text messages and see texts from Hero, My Mom, Jacob, and an unknown number? When I scroll to the unknown number, I'm met with an image of Hero and some girl sitting on his lap.

Everything Clicks.

It all comes back in a flood of memories.

Hero cheated on me. The accident was from this text message.

Just then, Hero comes back into my room with two cups of coffee.

"Hey, I brought you some coffee, the nurse said it would be okay for you to drink it" He smiles innocently.

"Get out of my room" I sternly say, fighting back tears ready to fall.

"Pidge? What's wrong?" He asks, as he glances at my phone in my hand. "Wait? Do you remember? Do you have your memory back?"

"Hero. Get the Fuck out of my room, NOW!" I yell as the tears start streaming down my cheeks.

Just then a nurse comes in, and sees my emotional state. She quickly esorts Hero out of the room, as she talks me through my memories while taking my vitals.

"Honey, that boy hasn't left your side since you got here. Are you sure you remember correctly?" She kindly asks.

"I think so. There's a image to prove it" I whisper as I hold my phone up to show the nurse.

"Well, you know the saying, A picture is a picture, sometimes an explanation is all it needs" She smiles, as she leaves the room, so I'm alone with
my thoughts.

He broke my heart again. I knew everything was too good to be true.