The Ultimatum

Hero's POV
I knew the chances of getting away with destroying Matt's car and Karassa's clothes was a long shot, but at the time- I could only see red. As I ride in the back of the cop car, I know my chances of getting a hockey scholarship is out the window now, and college is out of the picture- because I would never ever put Ma through the stress of loans and crap. As we get to the station, I can just feel the disappointment from my Ma, even though she's not even here yet.

Jo's POV
I called my Dad as soon as I got to the car, and he's meeting me at the station in five minutes. We will get this sorted out. I bet Matt is the one who got the cops involved. He's always been jealous of Hero, and honestly he is just an asshole. As I pull into the parking lot, I see Matt's Father and him getting into a BMW on the other end of the parking lot.

"Matt!" I yell as I jog over to his car.

"Jo? What are you doing here?" He asks, as he hops out of the BMW and leans on the side casually.

"Don't act stupid. You were the one who called the cops weren't you?" I demand.

"Aww is little Josephine frazzled, and upset" He smirks, "I know what can ease up all that aggressive energy."

"What the hell is your problem? You are disgusting, and honestly- you will never EVER be like Hero." I say, as I'm about to walk away, he grabs my forearm aggressively.

"Hey. No one talks to me that way, and that piece of shit boyfriend of yours destroyed my car. So we are pressing full charges on him, and he is being kicked off the hockey team as well, and probably expelled from school" He smirks nonchalantly.

"Don't do this. Please. Hero has worked so hard for everything. You don't have to be the bad guy here.." I say trying to persuade him.

"I don't have to. But you'd honestly never do anything to save his ass, now would you?" He counterparts.

"I'd do anything" I confess. Somehow having a feeling, this isn't going to end well.

"Huh. So you would do ANYTHING?" He repeats, as his Father honks the horn of the BMW.

"What. Do. You. Want?" I grit out, thinking of Hero being behind bars as the minutes pass.

"Break up with him. Make him lose what's most important to him. Let him live through hell and the charges will be dropped, ALL dropped." He explains.

"I can't do tha-.." I start to say, as he shrugs his shoulders and climbs into the BMW.

As he drives off, my Dad pulls into the parking lot. Did I make a selfish mistake? I would never want to put Hero through hell. He already went through hell from my accident- it sounds like. But I can't let Hero lose everything. Not on my account.