New York City

Hero's POV
When we were both eight, I remember sitting in Pidge's treehouse talking about our dreams. Being only 8, I wanted to grow up and be an astronaut, and Pidge wanted to change the world. She's always had bigger amazing ideas on how to make the world a better place. We both agreed that after high school, we would move to New York City. It was a silly memory I've kept for years, often thinking about it, and how life seemed so simple back then. Just picking a random city to live in, God I wish it was just that easy. So long story short, I'm taking Pidge to New York City. We both have always wanted to see the Big Apple, and now is our chance. We have three days to make this the best trip ever. Plane tickets were cheap, and both of our families were encouraging about my idea, so here we are.

"I still can't believe you are taking me to New York, Baby!" Pidge squeels as she squeezes my arm.

"I'm glad you're so excited" I chuckle, as I kiss her cheek.

"Do you have an itinerary planned for us?" She ask.

"Yeah maybe I do, or maybe I don't" I say as I play Coy. Of course I fucking do, She deserves the world if I could give it to her.

"Hmmm... Well Mr. Tiffin, you are being awfully sneaky."

I love my girl. Forever and ever.

********

Lucky for us, we only had carry on's, so waiting around for luggage is not a problem. I get us the first taxi I can, and we make our way to our hotel. I know She's going to love it, it's downtown and supposed to be easy walking distant from big attractions and food.

"So what brings you kids to New York?" Our cab driver asks us.

"We are actually going to live here one day. This girl is going to change the world" I tell him, as I see Pidge bite her lip and try to hide her smile.

"Well then, it's an honor driving you to your destination Miss" He kindly states as he tips his hat, and continues the drive in comfortable silence but As the radio plays quietly, Pidge squeezes my hand.

"I love you Babe" I whisper into her hair, just as we make it to our hotel.

"And I love you" She smiles.