Difficult Questions

Jo's POV
As I lay completely still, I can hear voices all around me frantically saying things I don't understand. All I know is that I'm so very cold, and my head is pounding so very hard it is killing me.
I can't remember what I was doing last, or where I am even. As I slip back under, everything turns black and the voices lower to almost a whisper.

4 hours later....
I'm not sure what is going on, but I slowly open my eyes and stare at a very obnoxious bright light above me, as I lay in a bed.. in a hospital room? My head is pounding and I can't seem to lift myself up out of the bed at all. I see a guy about my age sitting in a chair in the corner of the room, with his face in his hands.

"Um.. Hi?" I say in a groggy voice.

"Pidge!! Oh my god. You're awake. I'll call for the nurses" The guy says, as he sprints out of the room in a hurry.

"Pidge? As in pigeon, like a bird?" I mumble to myself more confused than ever.

"Hi Dear, can you tell me your name, birthday, and what year it is?" A young nurse asks me while taking my vitals.

"Uh... my name?" I stare at her with a blank face.

"It's okay Dear, take your time" She smiles politely.

"Ummm. I don't know the answers to any of your questions..." I mumble as the guy becomes nervous and runs his hand through his hair.

"What does that mean?" He demands, looking a mixture of angry, hurt and clueless.

"Calm Down Hun. Give her time, meanwhile I'm going to page for Dr. Fisher" The nurse says lookiong concerned as well.

"Pidge, Baby... do you know my name?" He whispers to me, as he takes my hand into his and kisses the back softly.

I quickly take my hand away nervously, and see the look of hurt on his face.

"I'm really sorry. Are you someone I should know?" I ask confused again.

Just then the Doctor and a few nurses come back and kindly take the guy out to the hall, while they start to ask me more difficult questions, I don't have answers for.

The Player and The Nerd On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara