Chapter 5

Mew's POV

Gulf sat next to me and dozed off peacefully, it took all my restraint to control myself to stop staring at him like a craving child longing for his ice cream

Gulf sat next to me and dozed off peacefully, it took all my restraint to control myself to stop staring at him like a craving child longing for his ice cream. It was around noon and the bus stopped for lunch. Techno parked the bus, came out of his seat to instruct the passengers.

"This is where the bus will stop for lunch. The next stop will directly be the destination, please help yourself for food and if you want to buy any souvenirs you can go ahead," explained Techno.

Sammy, who was still sleeping occupying both hers and Gulf's seat, woke up with a jolt as soon as she heard the word 'food'.

Gulf did not wake up but instead, he slowly rested his head on my shoulder, that's when I lost all my willpower. He was so cute lying there on my shoulders like it's a comfortable pillow and for a moment I hoped I could be with him like this forever. I could not control myself anymore. I just reached out my hands to caress his cheeks, more like I wanted to test if it's truly as squishy and soft as I think it is. But the moment came to an abrupt halt when Sammy called out Gulf's name.

I suddenly moved, retracting my hand hoping I wouldn't get caught by Sammy or Gulf but my movement caused Gulf to wake up from his slumber. I gave myself an imaginary slap for my clumsiness, Gulf looked around and noticed that he was sleeping on my shoulders. I looked at him guiltily hoping he was going to scold me for my little stunt back there, but what came next surprised me.

He looked at me with half sleepy eyes and smiled widely "That was the best nap I had in weeks" he said stretching his arms like a baby.

I unconsciously gawked at him thinking to myself 'How more beautiful is this Homosapien going to be?'.

"Oh you're here I thought you left when I was asleep," Sammy said looking a bit relieved,

"Come on its lunch, let's go fill our bellies we still have 8 hours to go" Sammy hurried me and Gulf to follow her.