Chapter 22

Dedicated to siddhiveer

Third pov

No one could wait until dinner time to have food. They all just wanted to eat the delicious food we bought and just go to sleep. So Mew bought the plates from the kitchen and Sammy started serving the food, Yacht played some music and everyone started digging in. After everyone was done with the dinner Techno started talking

"I cant believe that I am almost done with my bet, I really did it all alone, I can't wait to see the look on my friends faces when I tell them 'hey y'all I did it and you are gonna treat me food and drinks when ever I want... forever' huh!! but more than that I am so happy that this trip which started as nothing but annoying, would turn into such a good one as I met really good people like you guys"

"Well to be honest" started Champ "the thing is you were not supposed to complete this bet" he said. Everyone looked at him expectantly "well I was sent here to make your journey and stay miserable so that you won't win and just give up and call your friends and beg them to come here and take charge" he admitted shyly.

Everyone was so shocked that he has been lying from the beginning.

"What the hell are you talking about, you did not want me to win the bet? What about that story about you getting ditched by your friends?" asked Techno, a little angry and confused.

"If you noticed I never got into the bus in the first place, I just joined you guys from lunch"

That's when everyone realised that yes they did not see Champ before lunch at all. "So I was irresponsible. I gave a free ride to someone, does that mean I lost the bet" Techno asked worried as all his hard work went in vain.

"They did not say anything about that they just told me you lose when you call them and ask them to take over" Champ said

Techno almost wanted to get into a fist fight with Champ, but then he remembered that Champ took care of him in the boat and he also stayed with him on the beach and they spoke about some random stuff and bonded a little bit so Techno suppressed his anger and asked "The bet is not over yet, it only ends when I give the keys back to them, why did you say it now and why not try to make it more miserable until tomorrow." 

"Because, because... I feel bad for you, after the talk on the beach, I feel like you became a good friend to me, and I did not want to betray your trust by lying to you anymore, and I had nothing in it, I just wanted a trip for free and I got it, so there is no reason for me to keep lying anymore."

Techno just like morning started to get emotional and tried to hold back his tears as he found Champ's confession and concern for him is genuine. He just ran to his room before reminding everyone with an almost crying face that they are all expected to be ready by dawn so they can get an early start and reach Bangkok by dusk. And Champ followed him into the room.

[A/N] So I just decided to update the remaining Chapters of this book all together today itself, Happy Reading, and let me know about your thoughts in the comments.