Chapter 8

Gulf's POV

The next moment a young man stopped at our table and asked

"Excuse me when will the bus move? and When will we reach Phuket?".

I was relieved that the questions came to a halt and it gave me a little time to breathe. I, Sammy, Mew and the young man looked at Techno expecting him to answer the question put forward to him. But Techno just stared at the new person blankly, he was quiet for a few seconds without even blinking his eyes, the three of us sitting on the table turned our heads in unison to look at the other man and he was also similarly looking at Techno, and we can see his face slightly turning red from the intense gaze Techno was giving him.

Sammy broke the silence and called out "Umm Techno?? Techno??" Sammy lightly poked on his arms

Sammy broke the silence and called out "Umm Techno?? Techno??" Sammy lightly poked on his arms. "Mr Bus driver slash Tour guide?" she called out a little too loudly.

Techno snapped out of his daze "Wha..? What is it ??" he asked, gathering his thoughts back together.

"When will the bus move? I came with my friends but they ditched me and now I am just bored, I thought I could at least go and sit in the bus but the door to it is locked, so that's why I came to ask when it will start moving," he explained.

"Oh... we will move after 45 minutes'' Techno said looking at his watch without even realising that he lost a couple of clients.

"Ohh... I was just bored being alone," he said a little sulkily.

"You can join us here. We are almost done with lunch too we all can go buy some snacks and head to the bus together" Sammy said.

"What is your name by the way?" she asked.

"I am Champ '' said Champ introducing himself.

The questions stopped from the moment Champ joined us, there was an awkward silence in our table, as Techno was as red as a tomato and Champ, time to time tried catching glimpses of Techno

The questions stopped from the moment Champ joined us, there was an awkward silence in our table, as Techno was as red as a tomato and Champ, time to time tried catching glimpses of Techno. I saw Sammy and she had a wide smile plastered on her face. She was looking back and forth from me and Mew and then Champ and Techno. I could not read what she was thinking about, but when she looked at Mew with the same wide smile, he tried to hide his face from her and looked down. But thank god there were no more questions. I wanted to avoid them as much as possible.

"Techno" I broke the silence after 5 minutes, I was not able to bear it anymore. He snapped and looked at me with a questioning look, "Can you open the bus door for me? I will go take a nap in the bus for a while until we start again." I said. Champ agreed with me as he wanted to do the same.

"Owww you don't want to accompany me to go shopping?" Sammy whined.

" You have Mew and Techno to accompany you," I said,

Mew looked at me with sparkly eyes as soon as I mentioned his name. His look gave me butterflies on the inside.

After paying the bill Techno accompanied me and Champ to the parking lot to open the locked door of the tour bus. I and Champ climbed in and Techno walked back to the restaurant where Sammy and Mew were, I took an empty seat beside the window and Champ took the seat which was previously occupied by Sammy. Taking a nap was only an excuse I wanted to give them fearing they would start with the questions again. Champ immediately fell asleep and I closed my eyes and tried to sleep too.