Chapter 6

Mew's POV

I, Sammy, Gulf, and Techno were the last ones to hop off the tour bus. All the tables were filled in the restaurant, except for one. The four of us occupied that table and ordered our food, I noticed Gulf had a special liking for spicy food. I was never fond of spicy food but I was willing to try it for him.

"So everyone here is on a solo trip like me?" asked Sammy.

I nodded slightly and looked at Gulf, I noticed Gulf was just staring at his food not responding to Sammy's question.

"Huh, I don't know how to put that" Techno started "the main reason for me to be here is because of a bet I made with my friend. You see we travel a lot, one of my friends is a tour bus driver and his boyfriend is a tour guide. Both have this crazy wanderlust and they started a tourism agency. I was really drunk that day and I started mocking them for fun saying your job is very easy. They took it very offensively and tricked me into making a bet with them. They asked me to take over their job for one trip by not making even one error, basically they want me to do the job wholeheartedly without complaining, if I call them to ask any suggestions or help I loose. To be honest the next morning I woke up. I literally thought all that was a dream until one of them came to my condo and handed over the bus key. I was so pissed off for making such a stupid bet. But yet I did not back away and told them I would do it. And now I am here, with hardly 20 people on the bus taking them all the way to Phuket."

I and Sammy started laughing at Techno's poor state, we also kind of felt sorry for him, but still, we couldn't stop ourselves from laughing out loud.

"Serves you right, hahaha, who asked you to mock someone's profession." Said Sammy still laughing. Meanwhile, Gulf who was listening to Techno's conversation suddenly asked

"Wait, we are going to Phuket?" He asked.

"Umm, yeah I thought you knew and that's why you wanted to join the trip," Techno said.

"I thought you told him as you were sitting next to him and all" Techno turned to Sammy with a questioning look.

"Well I did not tell him initially as everything happened so fast but then he agreed to come along so I thought he already knew. Wait why did you get on the Bus in the first place if you did not know where we were going?" Sammy questioned Gulf.

Gulf took a moment and then said "Well now I know. What about you? What is your story Sammy?" asked Gulf to Sammy.

No one noticed but I could clearly see that Gulf tried to avoid her question. I wondered 'Is he hiding something?'.

"Ohhh my story? it is something similar to Techno's but not as funny as his, haha. Well, I have this friend. He said that girls like me can't do anything by ourselves and he said that we always rely on someone we know. I was furious because of that and challenged him that I will go on a vacation alone with no one to accompany me, he did not believe me, he thought I would run back home within 30 minutes out of fear. I won't deny that I was scared in the beginning as this is the first time I'm by myself. That's when I decided to make friends on the trip and right at that moment I saw Gulf and made friends with him." told Sammy.

To be honest I was kind of impressed with this girl's courage.

"But... I think this vacation is going to be more interesting than I expected it to be," said Sammy looking back and forth from me to the Gulf.

I could feel my face heat up and with no doubt, I already know my ears are red from Sammy's teasing. I know exactly what she means by that unlike, Techno and Gulf who were clueless.

"Why are your ears so red?" asked Techno out of nowhere

"Ahem..hem.." I coughed to cover it up and said

"The food is too spicy for me". 

"Oh

"Oh.. you should have told me that spicy food is not your thing before ordering," said Gulf, handing me a glass of water to drink. I looked at Gulf, he was looking at me with a concerned look on his face. It melted my heart for a moment, and then I looked at Sammy who was eating her food at the same time smirking at me.