Chapter 28

Dedicated to begbegcky123

The world shattered for Mew, he somehow had an instinct that this was gonna happen but hearing it directly from Gulf pained him a lot.

"Listen I'm sorry about last night we both know that it just happened can we talk about it, I..."

"I don't want to talk about it, trust me I don't regret what happened, I wanted it as much as you did but... I guess that's it, we can't go further"

Those words went straight to Mew's heart and it hurt a lot. But no matter what Gulf says, he just can't let Gulf leave him, Mew was already too deep in love with Gulf to let him go.

"Okay, fine let bygones be bygones by 'we can't go further' do you mean like in a relationship or we can't go further even as friends?"

"I mean we can't see each other again, I am really sorry to be this selfish but I can't involve you into my life at this point of time, I really can't explain more about it now but ..."

"But..?"

"Do you believe in destiny ?"

"What?"

"Just tell me do you believe in stuff like destiny, fate, luck or the universe?"

"I'm not sure, I guess I do.. but what does that have to do with us?"

" If the universe is in our favor, we may meet each other again, but for now I think we are done"

"What are you talking about? I do believe in the universe and stuff like luck, but I don't believe that I need to rely on that to pursue the person I like to be with"

Those words kind of shocked Gulf as he did not expect Mew to pursue him. He did not even expect Mew to like him in that way. But what Mew said made Gulf's heart flutter, at least his feelings were not one sided. Gulf almost gave up and wanted to throw his arms around Mew and hug him tight because everyone he met before either used him for his money or was afraid of him because of his background never once anyone showed genuine interest in him.

But Gulf knew that this was not the right time to give Mew or himself that hope of being in love which can last forever. He mustered all his courage to push Mew away and said

"Listen, try to understand I was not supposed to be on that bus in the first place, I was not supposed to go on this trip and I was not supposed to meet you. But somehow we did, and I believe it is fate that brought us together. But right now I really can't think about a being with anyone or even want to be pursued by anyone. I have some issues to deal with back at home I really can't do anything until it's all solved and I can't even tell you about it. You probably need an explanation about my problems but I really cannot tell and you need to understand me for that. If we are meant to be, we might meet each other again in the future. And if so I promise I will agree to whatever you say then. I really hope you understand and respect my decision."

"Understand ?? Respect?? What do you want me to understand? You cannot just walk into my life like this, make me fall in love with you, give me hope and walk out like nothing happened and expect me to forget everything as well. You cannot just ask me to wait for you and until it's convenient for you and then expect some superstition like fate to make us meet again...how are you even going to meet if you don't tell me about you, your full name or your Phone number or email or something. I don't understand how we can just find each other without the basic details and when will I know that you are ready? Until when do you expect me to wait for you ?" Mew started bursting out and was almost at the verge of tears. He did not mean to criticize Gulf but at the same time he cannot hide his annoyance about Gulf's wall around him which doesn't allow anyone to enter.

"This just doesn't make any sense" Mew just turned around and walked towards the bus as he cannot control his tears anymore and he did not want anyone to see him crying.