chapter 17

When finding Gajeel Archer had expected a lot. She most definitely expected an iron club aimed at her. She alse expected an iron sword to be brought down upon her. She expected everything Gajeel did the minute they laid eyes on eachother. She knew Gajeel enough to predict his actions very accurately. Of course she was quick to shut him down with a simple kick to the chin. Just like that he was lying on the dirt, groaning in pain under her feet

"What did we learn? "

"Screw you" Gajeel scoffed as he got back on his feet and dusted himself off. He folded his arms with an annoyed look on his face as he took in Archer. "What's with the mask? "

"Precautions" Archer said simply.

"No one knows who the hell you are" Gajeel said and stomped past her. He had his sights set on Glacier who lingered nearby. He ignored the young boys that greeted him and instantly regretted it. Sting pounced and bit him for his ignorance." You little brat! "

Rogue looked very concerned and tried to pull Sting off the older boy. The last time he asualted Gajeel he ended up in a river filled with deadly animals and he couldn't swim. His brother tends to be very dumb sometimes and he's afraid his idiocy could get him seriously injured or killed.

"No fighting, boys" Demeter detached the angry Sting from an equally angry Gajeel. The boys glared at eachother before deciding to ignore the other's existence.

"Apologize " Demeter ordered.

"Why should I apologize to the brat? He bit me"

"Well you ignored me"

"Stop it" Demeter held them both apart an sighed. "You shouldn't have ignored Sting, Gajeel" Demeter said sternly and then looked to a victorious Sting. "And you should not have bitten him, Sting"

"But-"

"No buts" Demeter patted them both on the back. "Apologize and shake on it like good little boys"

"I'm not a little hoy" Gajeel mumbled even as he shook Sting's small hand and muttered an apology

Sting didn't seem any happier. He mumbled something about stupid metal head, before apologizing for biting the older boy .

"Good boys"Demeter patted their heads. "You should both follow Rogue's example. He's such a well behaved child"

"It's like watching a mother discipline her children" Erza whispered as she watched the scene. Demeter really took everyone as her child. A true motherly figure that explained why Archer referred to her as mother natures more often than not.

"You should see her when we're all together. It's pure madness. I do not understand how she can handle us all. I admit to getting a bit caught up in their idiotic antics and somehow this woman never blew a fuse" Archer said, suddenly appearing at the redhead's side. "Her patience may outlast my own. I give her all my respect for that alone"

Erza hummed. "You'll all be together again now"

"Yes and the possibility of the guild being utterly demolished is very likely" Archer seemed very unconcerned by what she just said. That earned her a look from Erza. Archer tends to say some interesting things people wouldn't normally say with a casual and uncaring demeanor.

"I don't get you"

"You most likely never will" Archer said in such a reassuring tone it confused Erza to no end. She genuinely cannot understand Archer sometimes and she makes it worse by increasing her feeling of confusion around her and seems to take amusement in it. She just watched Archer march towards Demeter and the boys and motioned towards the silent Glacier who had just been watching.