chapter 23

The magic council. Archer did not see herself visiting the place so soon, but here she was. Erza was at her side and very quiet. She was nervous of course. Taking on an S-class mission while not being of that rank is punishable. Very punishable. Even so, Erza still came along despite Archer telling her she did not need to . Archer was very calm about it. In fact Erza was sure there was a smile under that mask of hers. Erza could not adopt her calm, but she was skilled enough at conceiling her emotions. She took a deep breath and pushed her nervousness away, following after the carefree Archer. At the doors to the building stood two rune knights acting as guards. The minute they noticed the two they stood up straighter and ordered them to stop.

"State your business"

Archer pulled the mission sheet out of her pocket and showed it off.

"We've completed this mission "

The two men looked very skeptical. Archer expected no less. They were ten year olds after all. She held up the tiny ball hiden within flames. With her command it expanded enough to make those within visable. The rune knights widened their eyes in shock and eyed the phoenix child coutously

"Who are you? "

Archer sighed, the flame prison reverted to the small size it originally was. She pocketed the mission, her hands remained where they were and she stepped forward. The guards would not hesitate to detain her, but of course Archer was having none of that. They were frozen before they could even make a move.

"That's going to get you in trouble" Erza stated as she walked past the frozen soldiers and caught up to Archer.

"Eh, I doubt the higher ups will punish me" Archer said as she pushed the massive doors open. Eyes were on them and before anyone could open their mouths or do anything they were frozen on the spot.

"You're just going to freeze everyone until you get to the chairman? "

"Yup " Archer proceeded up the stairs with complete nonchalance.

"Again, you could be punished"

"Not very likely"

And so they continued through the massive building. Anyone who made a move to question or stop them were frozen on the spot and Archer just continued on. She would usually let these distractions take place. It was amusing. She didn't mind entertaining the poor souls, but she wanted to see what the chairman would do with them. Obviously he would not punish them. Archer had a smile on her face as she traversed the halls of the building. They passed a couple of employees who hardly paid them mind. Lucky them. Had they tried to do anything they would've ended up like the rest who tried.

"Here we are" Archer came to a stop in front of massive doors. What's the point of such doors? It was just for show. The big door just means someone important resided within. Important buildings tend to have massive doors. Archer pushed the thought away and pushed the door open, not at all caring about what could be taking place within. The minute she stepped into the room spears were aimed at her and Erza. She raised an eyebrow, amusement glimmered in her eyes. She looked up, meeting the eyes of the old man towering over them. She smirked when his eyes widened.

"Stand down"

The soldiers followed their order and stepped back.

"Leave"

And they did.

"Hello old man" Archer waved, her tone was very friendly.

"You" the man eyed her cautiously. What was a phoenix child doing in his office? He did not know they still existed. He wasn't sure that actually existed to behind with. They obviously did. He was looking at one. A child, but still dangerous. It wasn't hard to identify Archer as one of them. She had the eyes. The phoenix red eyes that burned into him. Those eyes burned with knowledge he would never obtain. With wisdom far beyond her years. "Phoenix child , what do you want? "