chapter 43

"Wait" Natsu looked around the guild rapidly all of a sudden. He had only then realized that both Archer and Erza were no where to be found.

"Where are Archer and Erza?" Wendy was the one to ask the question on their minds.

"Haven't seen them since yesterday" Lisanna informed with a tiny shrug. "Could be at Archer's"

"Alone?"

Cana sighed as she stepped into the guild next to an excited Mira. She just got back and was already in matchmaker mode.

"Yeah"

Slowly she smirked deviously, looking to Cana subtly.

"No"

"I di-"

"No"

Cana didn't let her say anything else for she took her by the choker she usually wore, dragging her behind her.

"Let them be"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was a soft thud as Silver landed on the wooden floor. She sighed as she stood and dusted herself off before walking off. Archer watched her curiously, wondering how she fell off the bed in the first place. The exceed said nothing as she opened the door and left, leaving Archer and Erza to stare in confusion. Erza raised a brow,but said nothing. That wouldn't be the weirdest thing Silver had ever done in her life. She was an odd creature, almost comparing to Archer in that factor.

"I wonder what she's up to today"

Clear amusement could be seen on Archer's face when Erza jumped at the closeness of her voice. She never noticed when she creeps up behind her and it was always quite amusing to see her reaction to the sound of her voice. She had to wonder whether her reaction was due to her liking the sound of her voice or just her having sensitive ears. The fact that she still hadn't gotten used to it was gold to Archer. Her reaction would never get old.

"You did that on purpose" Erza groaned as she made a distance between them. Archer tilted her head at this action, looking at the space Erza had vacated critically. She said nothing, however and just stared at the empty space before her.

"Maybe" she finally replied with a growing smile. "Your reaction is amusing"

"Yes I know you take great pleasure in getting me flustered" even admitting it had Erza's face red.

"Is it my voice you like or do you just have sensitive ears?" The question was asked before Archer could actually take a moment to think on it. She was unblinking as she kept her eyes on the redhead, watching the way the pinkness on her cheeks turned red.

"I'm not telling you that" it was embarasing to even think about. She wasn't going to enlighten her on this subject. She'll abuse that knowledge to no end. What was almost as embarrassing was having Archer staring at her. It was something that happened usually but the embarrassment didn't lessen. "And you're staring again"

"I've accepted something about myself yesterday" as she spoke Archer finally tore her eyes away from her. Was it acceptance or realization? She didn't truly know. It didn't actually matter did it? Erza made her experience many human emotions. Sometimes she feared she'd be the reason she'd lose all grip on her magic. That never happened, however. It would feel as if she was slipping. The flames would burn hotter and brighter beneath her skin, but never would it rage. It was surprising to say the least, but not unwelcome. It was pleasant albeit worrying. She wasn't reacting as she should to her emotions. As relieving as it may be it could also mean something was wrong with her.

Or she could just be very unique as her parents always said.

"Which is?"

"My teeth are aching" The statement came out of nowhere as Archer openly tongued her teeth.