chapter 34

"Archer, how I've missed you"

Archer sighed as she was pulled into a bone crushing hug by the humanoid dragon she had recently found. Erza was of course nearby and quickly hid her little laugh at Archer's expense. She really looked like a disinterested cat that did not want to be there. Silver,who was on Archer's head, had to leave her space to avoid being pulled into the hug. The two week old exceed sprouted small wings and made her way to Erza. There she found a comfortable place in her lap and stretched out over her, ready for a nap.

"You've been sleeping most of the day " Erza said as she scratched the back of the exceed's ear. Silver was interesting to say the least. An intelligent exceed, as Archer liked to say. She hasn't said a word yet and tends to just sit and watch. When she's not watching she's asleep on Archer's head or hidden in her jacket. If she's not with Archer she could be found following Erza until she was accepted into her arms.

As expected no words were said and Silver simply closed her eyes and went to sleep.

"Juniper"Archer said the woman's name the same way a child would when being publicly humiliated by a parent.  She squirmed out of the woman's grasp and gave her a pointed look. The woman returned the look with one of her own. She then smiled. That smile turned into a small laugh.

"Why, you never change" Juniper pressed a finger to Archer's forehead, smiling at the way she furrowed her brows. She giggled  and pushed her hair behind her ear. Green locks still managed to slip past, but she paid them no mind.

"I can say the same to you"

"Is that you, Juniper? "

Archer let out another sigh at hearing Demeter's voice. She was quick to slip away and let the nature women talk. She found Juniper, which meant another motherly figure was added to the group. She would be coddled again. At least the two weren't around Anna and Irene. She would really be in for it if that was the case.

"She asleep again? "Archer asked as she approached Erza. She plopped down next to her before fully taking in Silver's still form

"Yeah"

"Well, she's a cat" Archer shrugged. "Though she sleeps far more than the others"

Erza hummed, sparing a glance at Archer. She had fell back into the high grass they found themselves in and stretched.

"Any missions soon? "

Archer shrugged. "Not sure. I quite enjoy my time at home with you and the others"

Their friends from the guild tend to visit more often. Natsu and Gray got into a fight just the day before and did some serious damage to their backyard. Cana and Mira always pull her into their little conversations. She was almost always their moderator. Levy of course kept up with her questioning. She moved on from Archer and started questioning the gods and goddesses along with the dragons. The exceeds settled in pretty quickly.

Archer had something confirmed in the last two weeks. It may be very insignificant or maybe not, but it was important to her. The matter concerned Frosch's gender. She never knew if the exceed was a boy or girl. Male or female. She found out and has some peace of mind now.

Turns out Frosch is girl.

She suspected. She felt a bit of pride at being somewhat right.

"Weren't you going on about the S-class trials and stuff"

"You and I both know I'll be a candidate " Archer said. "And so will you"

Erza sighed and joined Archer on the grass. She stared up at the cloudless sky, instantly relaxing.