chapter 44

"Archer, I need to see you in my office"

To have the master need her the minute she walked into the guild wasn't something entirely new to her ,however,she did not like the idea of needing to leave Erza's side with the vulture known as Mira quickly approaching. She looked to Mira and then to Erza before releasing a sigh and approaching the old master. She realized that she was the reason Mira would be pestering Erza far more today,because she was the one to convince her to wear an article of clothing belonging to her. Why? Well she had many reasons and none she explain to the redhead who had to suffer the intense interrogation Mira would be putting her through. She wasn't too worried though, Mira isn't all bad and she had Cana to reign her in when she was too much.

"What do you need my lord?"  It was Silver who spoke the words as she popped her head out of Archer's jacket. The feline was in a good mood this morning for reasons unknown to both Archer and Erza and as such she has been very amused with both herself and other people.

"Is Silver allowed to be here?"

"Yes she's fine" Makarov didn't mind the exceed. Its not like she's one to let any classified information slip and she has been present for every meeting the two had. As the old man sat at his desk and retrieved a document he seemed very pensive as he debated whether or not to hand it to Archer. The truth in the matter was that the old man of the council had personally requested Archer to complete a task for him, before bestowing upon her the highest ranking in the wizards saints. That was odd for the old man for many reasons including the fact that the current highest ranking saint was god Serena,so he was either replacing him or having the two duel.

"Gran Doma has requested your presence"

"Has he now?" that was something she had been waiting on for most of her life in this world. One of her most important goals was to achieve a position in the magic council, preferably a very high ranking and powerful position. She had her reasons and reading that look on the short man's face she was getting one depending on how this meeting with the chair man went. That would be a milestone achieved which would allow her to work towards the next goal. Took her long enough didn't it?.

"Im curious as to what he wants,however, I believe I know where this is going"

"Ive always wanted to meet this Doma" the exceed's thoughts were vocalized absently as she too realized where this might be headed for the beloved Archer. She also wanted to meet God Serena for the simple fact that he has God in his name.  She was unaware if it was a self given name or one given by others,but she wanted to see exactly how much of a bastard he was. "Ive heard a lot about him"

"Yes the old chairman of the council" it took Archer a week after first meeting him to realize who she was actually talking to. Grand Doma wasn't supposed to be the chairman until after the tower of heaven arc. It was supposed to be the one built like a literal ball by the name of Crawford Seam. He was apparently an informant of Tartaros. She was surprised it took her that long to realize,but it was an interesting change and she womdered if it was for better or worse.

"I would advise you to leave immediately, that man does not like to wait"

"A little patience wont kill him although he looks like he's getting to that age" the phoenix commented as she turned to leave. She waved goodbye as she did and promptly left the office. Laxus was dutifully ignored as she did not feel like tormenting him on this very day and he's definitely not going anywhere anytime soon.

"When will you leave?" Silver inquired as she scrambled out of her usual hiding place.

"I'm not sure. I will collect you when I do so don't worry"

"Archer!" The scream was instantly recognized and the question about to be asked was predicted for the excited dragon slayer finally managed to keep his flames from destroying everything it touched. "You're going on another S-class mission aren't you? I didn't burn anything down on my last mission you can ask the others so please take me with you"