chapter 47

"Cut it out you fools!"

The entire guild froze upon hearing the booming voice, causing everyone to immediately stop what they were doing. Lucy looked up at the giant figure in question before casually tossing the poor member she had knocked out. In her defense, he had started it so of course she had to end it. Shaking out her hand she stepped over the pile of bodies she had accumulated, ignoring their groans of pain as she did. Looming over her was the man she recognized as Makarov, the guild master. His magic allowed him to change his size quite easily and it was being displayed right in front of her. She had wondered when he would come out his office. Once everyone recovered themselves he shruk down to his original size and hopped onto the railing of the second floor. He held a stack of papers in his hand with a look of frustration. Lucy could see the stamp of the council on the very top and concluded that they were the complaints directed at the reckless guild. She also realized that Nero was the cause of Hargeon port's destruction. She didn't know how she almost forgot about that. Multiple ships were riddled to nothing,but scrap and the port was none existant. It was all accidental apparently,but they still had to flee before the military arrived and arrested them.

Whatever happened to the port after that?

"You've done it again fools!" He boomed as he held the documents high. "Look at the stack of complaints the council dumped on me"

"Gray!"

The half naked mage perked at his name,but refused to meet Makarov's eyes.

"You did a fine job completing your mission,but you walked around naked after that and later stole underwear that was hung out to dry"

He did what? Lucy looked to him in surprise. She had heard of the ice mage who could not keep his clothes on,but that was far more than she had expected. Did he really lose his clothes and proceed to steal some random person's underwear? She could faintly hear him commenting on how it would have been much worse had he remained naked in all his glory.

"Elfman!"

Elfman flinched,but not because he was being scolded by his master,but because he immediately earned a look from his older sister. When she asked how his mission went he told her it went smoothly with no incidents.

"You were supposed to protect a VIP but instead you attacked him!"

He obviously lied to his elder sister

"It went smoothly you say?" Mira scoffed.

"He said men are all about education so....I may have went a bit too far" Elfman admitted with a sad puppy air.

"Cana!"

The brunette almost chocked on her beer when her name was called. It couldn't be about her alcohol spree the other day. There was no way they found out.

"You drank 15 barrels of alcohol and charged it to the council"

"Damn they found out"

"And Mira you were with her,you could've done something"

That comment was completely ignored as the take over mage pretended to be too focused on cleaning the mugs at the bar.

Fifteen barrels? Lucy didn't know if she should be surprised or impressed by the amount Cana could consume. How had she not died from alcohol poisoning? She had heard great tales about the guild's drunk and how high her alcohol tolerance was,but fifteen barrels was just ridiculous.

The master sighed as his eyes landed on Asher and Nero, who met his gaze with a very innocent smile on both their lips. Lucy looked to them as well and knew what was coming.