chapter 29

It was around eleven in the morning and Archer was still at home. She was seated in the back yard, snacking on some chocolate as she watched the scene before her. Erza's training had finally started and she was being treated the same as the first time. Athena's form of training at the moment was fighting the redhead until she landed a solid hit. Only then shall they move on to other forms of training. So far, Erza has only barely touched the goddess with her sword. The phoenix sword was stripped of its power for training purposes. For good reason. Erza was meant to land a clear attack without the use of any form of magic. She was no longer allowed to equip a second sword like the last. It was to help her swordsmanship improve.

Erza was great with a sword. In fact Archer had placed her in her top five or ten. She didn't really remember. What she did remember was that she was not tumher one. No, that went to Zorro. She was a big fan of Erza but she was also very fair and honest. In her opinion Zoro could beat Erza when it comes to the battle of swords.

Zoro has had years to train with his swords. He uses each of them skillfully, simply because it's the same weapon set. He's made it his goal to be the best swordsman of his world and as such challenges any other sword user on the daily. Erza is exactly what he's used to. That's nothing new. He could fight her. He could win. Erza is impressive but her skill in swordplay does not compete with that of Zoro simply because she wields many others. He focuses on the three he has while Erza has over a hundred sword. Each sword might need to be used differently. Plus there is is fact that she doesn't only wield swords.

Erza and Zoro are comparable in strenght, speed, durability and much else. But when it comes to their skill in wielding their weapons Erza does not stand above the mighty Zoro

Let's say Erza took the time to train her skill on wielding the multitude of weapons she had, she would come close to him. Each of her swords are different. Some have special abilities. They need to be handled differntly. The phoenix sword for example is very light and incredibly sharp. Using such a sword requires precision. There is little strenght needed due to it's sharpness and light weight. Speed would benefit in the use of this sword.

If Erza were to use her heavier swords, let's say the sword of the purgatory armor she has not yet acquired. That is one heavy sword and requires strenght of all things. Wielding it would be totally different to wielding the phoenix sword and therefore requires a different set of skills.

Archer already knew what Athena was going to do. She was going to let Erza fight her using each and every one of her weapons. One by one. That way she'll learn to use them better. Learn to adapt and change her style of fighting as fast as she can re-equip.

Archer was happy to watch her struggles. Of course she was not simply there for observation. Erza would fall soon enough and she should heal her. Or maybe she should just let Wendy do it. She should practice her magic more. But then she remebered that the dragons took their kids out for training, so she was left alone. Her siblings specifically told her to take care of the eggs.

That's why she's seated in the nest, her temparature slightly higher. She would be acting as their temporary heater until Natsu returns.

"When will you lot hatch, I wonder" Archer said to herself as she took in the eggs. Maybe a month or two. It was never said how long an exceed egg took to hatch. That was certainly information she could have used.

"You'll be seeing little cat creatures in a month's time"

Archer hummed and absentmindedly waved at Demeter. Of course she should have asked one of the gods. They know these things.

"Thank you for that bit of information"

"You're welcome" Demeter smiled. "I must say, the others are not so very happy with you taking your time in finding them"