chapter 24

Being held at the end of a very sharp looking sword was not very ideal. Any normal person would have been afraid or apprehensive at least. Then there are those who apparently fear nothing, like Archer. So of course Erza was not very surprise to find her smiling cheerfully, despite being at the sharp end of a golden sword. When the blonde worman in front of them appeared and held the sword to Archer's neck like that, Erza could only focus on her sword. Her sword was magnificent. The blade was pure gold. Erza knew for sure that it was most definitely gold just by the way it glimmered in the sun. The pommel and cross guard were a bloody red while the grip was seemingly gold as well. There was an odd symbol engraved on the rain guard. It wad only after she fully admired the sword that she focused on the situation. She felt very bad about being so captivated by a sword while her friend was in danger. Of course she knew that Archer wad not actually in any from of danger, but if it had been anyone else they could've been dead by now or something.

The woman wielding the sword had piercing red eyes that did not seem to affect Archer. She was dressed in some impressive amor. It matched her sword and again Erza was distracted. She couldn't help but admire and appreciate the masterpiece that woman wore. Everything from her helmet to her gloves to her boots. That armor was amazing.

"Why must you treat the child like that? " Demeter asked and pushed the sword away. The woman glanced at her for a moment before sheathing the sword and eyeing Archer for a while longer.

"I was testing her"

"You always test her" Demeter sighed.

"She passes everytime" The blonde responded, her tone unreadable.

"Well, good to see you again Athena" Archer finally spoke and waved. "How have you been? "

"Good enough" the goddess responded absentmindly as she eyed the mesmerized Erza. She took in the armor and sword she spotted. The corner of her lips tilted up slightly at the sight. "Who might this be? "

"Scarlet" Archer shrugged.

"Her name is Erza" Demeter informed. "She seems captivated by you"

Erza blinked at the words and blushed in embarrassment. She was staring at the woman and only then realized it. She looked away, but kept glancing at her armor and sword very often. She couldn't help it.

"Erza"

When the woman said her name she stood up straighter. Her voice was very authoritative and she felt like she needed to follow her every order. When the woman smiled she found it very hard to look at her. Why did she feel as if she was standing in front of a high ranking council member?

"You're a knight, aren't you? " Athena asked as she eyed the sword and her armor. "I must say, you have a very impressive sword"

"Thank you"

"That's Archer's sword is it not? "

"Yes"

Athena hummed. "She deemed you worthy of it. Interesting. " Athena observed the armor. "That armor is not as impressive"

"Don't you have an amor to go with the sword, Archer? "Demeter asked.

"Yes I do"

"Why have you not given it to your knight? "

Her knight? Erza glanced at Archer, who shrugged. Why would she refer to her as "her knight"?. It was embareasing.

"It always slips my mind" Archer shrugged.

Athena said nothing to that and continued to eye Erza with interest. She wondered how good she was with that sword and if she would make a worthy student.