chapter 45

Asher stood leaning against a building as red eyes followed a curious blonde wandering the streets of Hargeon town. The phoenix hardly blinked in her intent observation for it had been a long time since she last ran into a Heartfillia and this one bore a striking resemblance to one Anna Heartfillia. It could be pure coincidence or perhaps the Heartfilia genes was just that strong, which was impressive to her. The Heartfilias always produce such beautiful men and women that it was just offending at times. How dare they produce such amazing humans? It was a ridiculous thought and one pointed out by many including Anna herself ,but Asher could not help her somewhat childish thoughts.

"Nero, do you see her?" Asher asked as she turned to her companion who stood silently at her side.

The woman she was addressing tilted her head just slightly as if to get a better look at the young woman they had been following for the past hour. Of course she saw her, even through the curtain of azure that fell before her eyes. And yes she could see the startling resemblance between her and their beloved Anna. She would be blind and a liar if she said otherwise.

"Of course I do,Ash" she finally replied after a long moment of silence. "Deviously beautiful offspring wouldn't you say?"

"Do not jest with me" deciding that they had been following the girl for long enough Asher watched her turn a corner before finally moving from her place against the wall. Walking past Nero she ignored her amused smile and looked to the sky in an effort to judge the time. "Producing humans that gorgeous is a crime and no one will convince me otherwise"

"You're an odd one, even more so than your younger sister" Nero followed after the retreating Asher ,having nothing better to do at the moment and wanting to spend a bit more time with her. Returning to the dragon realm was not within her list of things to do on this day for Igneel and the others were most likely up to some ridiculous scheme. "And it's been four hundred years. You'd think you'd get over your little ...well I'm not sure what it is with you and the Heartfillia"

"They're beautiful" was the argument to Nero's words which only amused her further. Asher has her moments of being a ridiculous woman and this was one of them. "Every offspring they produce is magnificent and it is offending to me,because why must they be so attractive?"

Their men are always handsome and their women some of the most beautiful she has had the pleasure of meeting.

"So they offend you?" Nero quirked a brow in question as they stopped before a stand selling the latest sorcerer weekly.

"Yes"

"But you adore them at the same time"

"Yes"

"Frustrating,no?"

"Yes" the Phoenix focus was directed at the front page of the popular magazine while Nero leaned over her shoulder to get a look as well. Fairy tail again,specifically the well known duo that is Archer and Erza.

"All of this attention just because they've never seen her face"

The humans are interesting creatures and their fascination with Archer was proof of that, at least to Nero.

"And because her gender is something they cannot identify" 

"Yet they fawn over her" Nero furrowed her brows in apparent confusion at the humans actions. They are unaware of her gender and her facial appearance as well as many other things about her and yet they fall head over heels for her.

"I cannot fault the humans for that" Asher radiated pride that she hid very poorly. "We Phoenix are quite attractive"

"Then something must've went horribly wrong with you"