chapter 26

"Big sis! Big sis! "

Being woken up by shouts early in the morning was nothing new. Archer sighed and buried her face in her pillow. What time was it? She heard multiple feet running towards her room and wondered if they were all coming to her room. What could be so urgent?

Pulling on her scarf, Archer sat up in bed. She glanced at the clock, noting that .bove his head. Archer stared at the egg for some time.

Was it that time already.

"Look I found an egg" Natsu said with a grin as he waddled into her room. He was struggling to hold the big egg in his arms. "It's huge"

"I can see that" Archer responded as she looked trough her wardrobe . It seems it was time to start the day . "Where did you find it? "

"In the back yard"

"Why were you lot outside of the house? "

"Because this egg fell out of the sky!" Sting exclaimed. "Can you believe it didn't break? "

"Why yes I can, I'm looking at it" Archer placed her outfit of the day on her bed and turned to look at her siblings.

"What do you think is in the egg? Could it be a dragon? Do I have my own dragon now? "Natsu questioned with excitement.

"I doubt that's a dragon egg" Gajeel said bluntly. "What do you even think you're going to do with it? "

"I'm going to keep it and take care of it until it hatches" Natsu said determined.

"We could just eat it" Gajeel suggested.

"That's mean" Wendy said with a look of disappointment. "Why would you want to eat it? You'd be killing a baby"

Gajeel scoffed and said nothing more.

"Can I keep it, big sis? I'll take good care of care of it, I promise" Natsu pleaded with big puppy dog eyes.

"Sure" Archer shrugged. "Maybe it'll teach you some responsibility "

"Awesome! "

"Big brother we need to build a nest for the egg" Sting said.

"It needs to be warm" Wendy said.

"My blankets" is all Rogue said.

Gajeel just sighed and walked away from the group. He was not getting involved with that.

"I'm going to the stupid guild"

Archer watched the others rush out of her room, eager to build a nest for the exceed egg. When they left she grabbed her towel and stepped into her bathroom. She was now curious. She knew they all get exceeds, except for Gajeel. She wondered if he would get one this time. It should be interesting. Would he get Lili if he did indeed get an exceed?

She found exceeds to be interesting creatures. Cats hatching out of eggs. Leave it to Fairy Tail to come up with such strange things.

She personally liked the exceeds. She had an interest in them after all. Their primary magic is Aera, but they could perhaps learn more. Carla learned transformation magic, so maybe the others could as well. She wondered what a human form Happy would look like. Maybe he could learn battle form like Lili.

It always amused Archer that a male cat was named Lili. Such a feminine name for such a character. Lili was a warrior. One would think he'd have a more masculine name.

Archer chuckled as she thought about it and enjoyed a soak in her tub.

~~~~~~~~

After her bath she changed into her outfit of the day . Unlike almost every anime character she does change her clothes. Today she happened to wear a casual white shirt and some knee length black pants. After getting dressed she left her room and headed downstairs. She would have to prepare breakfast. Gajeel already left so he must have found some empty can and made it his breakfast. Coming down the stairs she heard the excitement of her siblings as they built a nest in the backyard. She only spared them a glance, spotting multiple blankets and pillows. Natsu gathered wood, from who knows where and was saying something about building a little shelter.