chapter 31

Archer was in a familair position. She was outside watching Erza struggle against Athena. Archer almost forgot she suggested the goddess come back later. It was later and she was back. Just like that Erza went back to her training while Archer watched. The red eyed girl had two keys in each hand. One belonging to the one and only Aphrodite. And the other belonging to a dragon. Who should she summon first, she wondered. She heard Aphrodite wanted to see her, but she also heard she was infatuated with a human and went on an adventure with her. That was interesting to hear. This human must be a special case if she has a goddess accompanying her on her adventure.

"I guess I'll summon Aphrodite and ask about it"

Archer didn't bother with the theatrical way of summoning and just casually swiped her key through the air. The glow that followed had little affect on her and so did the redheaded woman in front of her. Archer could only sigh when a happy smile spread across the woman's face. She knew what followed next.

"Little Archer, it's so good to see you again" Aphrodite was very jovial as she picked up the ten year old. Archer looked like a disinterested cat in her arms.

"I'm not a toddler"

"You're so adorable" Aphrodite chuckled as she fell into a seated position with Archer right in her lap. The ten year old knew there was no getting out of her situation so she just embraced it. Aphrodite's chest made great pillows.

"So, I heard an interesting tale" Archer started casually.

"It was Demeter wasn't it? " Aphrodite questioned. "It's seems keeping secrets is not her forte"

"She's Demeter"

"I suppose you're right" Aphrodite said. "What you've heard is correct"

"You're serious? You really joined a human? Who is this person? What's so special?"

Aphrodite giggled. "Well little Archer, I love her purity"

Purity? "Aren't I pure? "

"No, no you are not"

"Well, I don't know what to think of that" Archer muttered. Aphrodite was so blunt with it too.

"I decided to accompany her because I've tired of my fellow deities" Aphrodite sighed. "There is always conflict amongst us. Demeter is the only one that doesn't involve herself with such pety matters"

"Why do you guys always fight?"

"Us gods and goddesses have done many things during our existance, little Archer. Somethings lead to us betraying and loathing eachother. Very tragic"

"I suppose. I have read the stories"

Aphrodite nodded, but a smile returned to her face. "Wanna know a little secret? "

Aphrodite chuckled before bending down to whisper into Archer's ear. Each word that left her made Archer's brow raise higher and curiosity increase. When the secret was told there was silence as Archer processed this.

"I don't... " she trailer off, unsure of what to say at the moment. "Is that adequate? How old is she? "

"Fifteen"

"Oh" Archer stared at Aphrodite. "That is not ok. Or at least it normally wouldn't be adequate, but I guess it is in that dimension? I'm not sure here. You seriously made her a harem protagonist and gave her a tool?"

"Yes I did"

"And you plan to-"

"Yes I do"

"I-" Archer looked away from the redhead.