๛ ²⁶ 𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑓𝑢𝑙

a/n: I had a busy ass week but finally I have time to write and my brain is working so I can write What I planned. ALSO THANKS FOR 80K!!! IM NERVOUS now  and I'm so sleepy—tears are in my eyes 🤠🤠

 ALSO THANKS FOR 80K!!! IM NERVOUS now  and I'm so sleepy—tears are in my eyes 🤠🤠

~ 𐀔 chapter twenty-six𐀔~

The 'date' of sorts felt like it failed, leaving you both in a confused awkwardness. it was later, in an attempt to make the day better, that he invited you to the opening ceremony he was going to right after.

"you sure you want me to be there?" you asked relaxing your shoulders as you stepped  into your dress.

the same one he'd gotten for you the day he was testing you.

"Of course. You'll get to see another side of my life and I'd prefer if you got to see all of me as well" he shrugged on the jacket that completed his suit.

you stared at both of reflections under the warm light and tried to use his presence to calm you but your gut was tying up.

"Well... will it be okay if I'm there? It's a special event. I don't own a business or anything-"

"Which you don't have to..." he cut you off with an amused quirk of his brows.

"-and I don't exactly meet rich criteria" you added feeling his hand rest gently on the small of your back as he pulled up the zipper of the dress.

"rich criteria? I wonder what that is." he laughed before resting his hands on your shoulders.

"Listen. There's no need to worry at all. Everyone is allowed a plus one and you're who I picked. What else are you anxious about?" he said again and you met his eyes in the mirror, watching him stand behind you.

you're who I picked. the words settled in your mind causing your face to warm but the worrying thoughts seemed to chill you all over again.

you weren't usually worrisome; always found it as a pain to even think of worrying.

yet chewing the inside of your cheeks, you could list numerous reasons why you'd worry.

what relation would you say you both had of someone asked? A boss? A relative or honestly...a lover?

what would they think of him?

what if you didn't act the right way and it costed him some how.

"What's this? Who's suddenly afraid of a few hags? Only a few dominants here and there? (dominant alphas and omegas) Couldn't be the brazen brat I know. " he surprised you by joking as he rubbed your bare shoulders.