Chapter 40

Chapter 40

EVERYONE stood still as his opulent vehicle came to a stop at the entrance. People stop what they're doing to stare at him because of his aroma, his presence, and everything else about him. No one turned just to only give him even a fleeting glance; instead, they all took a moment to simply observe in awe as he entered the venue. He was and always has been the most expensive, most regal, and most gorgeous person in the room.

Emperor Massimo is as stunning as ever. He last visited the location many years ago, and a lot has changed since then. He typically doesn't care a fig about such things. He never took the time to participate in small-town festivals like these, but he can't let this one pass because he wants to demonstrate how his monument stands out among the other statues in his Empire.

He wants to boast that he has the best statue ever and tell everyone about it. The greatest sculptors in his Empire will all be exhibiting their works at the largest sculpture exhibition to which he has been invited. And he came to proudly display the sculpture of the woman he has been missing and wanting to brag to everyone.

The sculpture was previously a stone without form. He requested the creation of a limestone statue from the top sculptors in the empire since he could no longer bear his longing. He requested that they sculpt his descriptions into a statue. The statue, which shows a woman wearing a long dress with lace and a veil over her head, is gorgeous.

On their wedding day, she would be dressed to the nines, and he pictured her donning a veil. Her hair is wrapped with a flower crown, and a string of flowers dangling from it decorates her attire. Flowers fit her like a goddess, in his mind. It is stunning, exactly as she is.

She had a variety of flowers decorating the space around her ground as well. She always has lovely flowers around her in real life. She makes the flowers wonderful and beautiful, not the flowers themselves, which is what makes her adorable.

He has always been taken in by her ageless beauty and she hits differently. Just like one of their earlier encounters, the statue is there holding a basket of flowers with a rabbit inside of it.

He killed the helpless animal because he was so fucking jealous of the rabbit she was caring for. He has always felt bad about making her sad, but his tendency to kill anyone who gets in his way is bigger than his regret, thus he always ends up making the wrong choices in life. She also has a butterfly stuck to her palm, and it seems so innocent and pure. He would never get weary of thinking of her as the most lovely and fragrant flower.

He was lazing around in the conference center's most stunning room. Three years have passed since their last encounter—three fucking long years. And he completely misses every second of it. He is currently unable to act in an illogical manner.

Despite being furious and losing patience, he really can't act impulsively like the same Massimo he always has. He needed to avoid what Magnus did and be patient while waiting for her to appear if he wanted to win her back the way Macsen suggested. She will be ready if and when she decides to come out. He cannot force her.

That sounds very unlike him; that is not how a Vassily should act. But fuck, as soon as he started to feel something for her, he began breaking the rules. Something novel and distinctive that is extremely challenging to combat.

Everything he is doing for her is new to him; it sounds extremely different from the Massimo that everyone was familiar with. He was genuinely trying to resist the want to rush to her, but the passage of time was making it difficult for him. Because just as he made up his mind to return to his palace, his wiseman ran up to him bearing exciting news.

"Emperor... I've seen her name."

What? An earsplitting roar blasted through his ears out of nowhere. His entire body seemed to electrify as if a bolt of lightning had surged to his veins. He chilled, perspired heavily, and got cold. She is the only person or thing besides her that can make him feel cold. She is his desired woman, his beloved lady.