Chapter 07

Chapter 07

THE FIRST days of Brielle's job passed quickly, and the next days came. Thankfully, she is used to getting up early because the maids at the palace get up early and have their own responsibilities to complete. What is designated outdoors is only outdoors and the same goes to other areas. It's great because when they work together to set the table, no one is disorganized or unkempt, and everything is clear.

The tables for the Emperor and the servants are separate. Both the main area and the maid area are present. The food for the Emperor is being delivered to him. Because the helps are not obligated to assist in other areas, Brielle preferred to remain in the kitchen and dining area of the helpers in order to avoid that young man once she's done outside.

In order to distinguish whatever area they belong to, they also have their unique uniforms and colors. White and green laces are on Winter and Brielle, who are assigned outside. It's amusing because the maids wear uniform shoes and don't truly disregard the order. They certainly didn't resemble maids because they look expensive, and she felt at ease wearing the outfit because she thought the color complemented her.

Winter said from the main kitchen, "Brielle, you are being called by the Matron."

While uncomfortably dropping the sandwich she was eating, Brielle grabbed her senses to focus despite feeling nervous. Before getting up, she questioned, "Why?"

Winter approached her and said, "I don't know, but don't worry because all the servants here go through her hands. I'll just fix your hair."

Brielle froze as Winter drew near and pulled her somewhat curly, tan brown hair into a half-bun. She positioned the last curl and the front part of her hair, saying, "Don't worry, I can see myself in you from my early days here."

Winter smiled at her, and Brielle nodded back. Winter went straight to the servants' table, unlike Brielle who went to the Matron in the main kitchen. She was concerned since she wasn't ready and might run into the Emperor. Brielle was only bending because she could gradually hear the noise of the group of young Vassily as she dragged toward the main kitchen.

Oh gosh! Oh gosh!

She didn't turn to face the aristocracy as she passed the main table, but she sensed them do so. She walked faster out of humiliation as the men's laughter ceased as well. The idea that the Emperor might have been present and seen her made her even more frightened. She hopes he doesn't recognize or remember her because she doesn't want to get harmed quickly.

The main kitchen, where Matron was supposed to be, was reached by Brielle.

She mistook an elderly man who she assumed to be a cook for asking, the old man then asked; "What do you need, hija? Are you new here?"

"Yes, I'm looking for the Matron," said Brielle, nodding and grinning.

"Is that so? Just wait, she'll come back here,"

Brielle bowed once more and peered around. The idea of the elderly woman playing a joke on her once more made her scowl a little. The Matron is fortunate that Brielle is not immature because if she were, she would have given the elderly woman a bonk for what she was doing to her. She won't do it, though, because she isn't that kind of person and only has a need.

"Wow,"

When a man spoke, Brielle was shocked and whirled around. She timidly bowed to make room as she took a step back.

He looked behind Brielle, "So, you have a new chick here, Massimo!" the aristocrat yelled.

Brielle's hold on her uniform grew tighter as she got closer to attempting the impossible. She didn't bother to look back because she was worried he was there; she just grinned at the man in front of her. She was concerned he would identify her. because she had the impression that Emperor Massimo was standing nearby and watching her.