Chapter 42

Chapter 42

IS THIS what they call love?

So this is love... probably.

He was struck with a violent, thunderous sense from which he was unable to recover. Massimo is unable to suppress the emotion any longer; he is unable to suppress or avoid the affection he has been desperately wanting to express. He wants to act forcefully, but he's trying to be prudent. He no longer desired to be aggressive because it's the attitude of the toxic man he is. He wants to softly and truly pursue Brielle, this time; gently.

That day had a significant influence on Massimo's daily routine. He made the commitment that he would see Brielle again, and he kept his word. He wanted to demonstrate to her a deep consistency. And he didn't hold back at all this time. At that point, he began giving her flowers and other gifts on a daily basis to express his love for her, but he never got a reply from her. And since he was genuinely earnest, that was okay with him.

He will give her the treatment she merits. He could give her anything she desires, but what if she has no needs? Massimo is terribly hurt by that thinking. He sensed danger when he recognized there was a problem with the affection and desire he was experiencing.

Though he's not the kind to be patient and compassionate, he wanted to be the kind of man Brielle deserved. Brielle is deserving of every blessing in existence. He will go to any lengths to provide for her because she deserves everything in the universe and is the celestial for him. She deserves heaven.

He will cross every land and sail every sea to provide her with anything and everything she needs. Even if it costs him his life, he will provide it to her. That's how deep his affection is for her. He was a reckless man, but things changed when Brielle left. And his mindset also changed when he saw her again.

The old Massimo would have forced Brielle to live with him already, but he can't do that. He knew where she was, and yet he held back for her peace of mind and safety, and he wanted to respect her decision to leave without notice. That hurts; that truly hurts, but the affection he feels towards her is so vast that he will disregard any fouls just to consider her.

"The flowers have been delivered to the Lord Araullo's estate, Your Majesty," said the servants.

Massimo sighed and said, "Excellent. Now get the carriage ready because I'm going to the estate."

The words sincerity and consistency was one he had never considered adding to his vocabulary. He is careless and inconsistent, and he frequently changes his opinion. His statements are unequivocal, and that is all he does. When he says there will be war, there will be, that's how absolute his word is. But when he said he will never like Brielle, his inconsistency took action. Because look at him now, he's head over heels towards her.

The following day, he adopts a new mindset but he remains irrevocable. He becomes the guy he never believed he could be, though, when it comes to Brielle.

"Your Highness, may I inquire where you are going?" His wiseman said.

"I'm going to see my long-lost wife," he grinned.

"What?" Macsen questioned.

Massimo almost overlooked his guests. He was too preoccupied with his intentions to visit Brielle today to notice that his brothers were also present. After a long voyage, Macsen and Magnus arrived at his Empire. They have their own objective, which is fortunate given that Massimo has already completed his.

He added, almost grinning, "I'm going to pursue her, Macsen. This time, gently. Damn, it's going to be the death of me," he said, "I can't hold back any longer; I can't just stand there and watch her be happy with anyone else."