Epilogue

Epilogue

THE EMPEROR has demonstrated his remorse and love for her. Every day, he apologized and showed to her that he can change and become a better man. And he never failed to make her feel like she was the only woman in his life.

It's truly amazing how the empire evolved. Emperor Massimo's domain is finally at peace. The elusive serenity is finally revealed. The brightness as dawn approaches is finally appreciated, and the peace that comes with dusk is felt.

The Grand Emperor made no mention of Massimo and Brielle's progress over time. He was hesitant, just like he was to Magnus, and his disapproval is obvious. The Grand Emperor, however, eventually fell silent as time passed. He probably learned that Massimo will not change his mind, and even if Massimo is his most obedient child, he will no longer follow his decisions because Massimo has his own words.

Dusk has finally arrived at the palace. And the weather in the Emperor's room's balcony is referred to. The new Empress sat beneath the wisteria tree beside the balcony. Lady Brielle hasn't accepted his majesty's hands yet, which Massimo admires, but she's already being treated like the Empress. Despite having nothing, everyone treats her like a queen because the Emperor declared her in front of everyone as his other half.

She was silently watching the yard beneath the wisteria tree's dusk dust when she was hugged from behind. The scent pointed to him; the Emperor.

"Emperor," she said, clutching the hands that snaked around her waist.

"Why do you still call me that? I'm allowing you to call me Brielle," the Emperor nuzzled against her neck.

"Massimo," she said.

"That's it, baby," Massimo said as he kissed her neck. "Yes, what is it? Hmm?"

She immediately turned to face him, saying, "You don't have to give me flowers every day; we see each other on everytime."

"I'm sorry, baby, is it bothering you?" Massimo kissed her cheeks.

Brielle shrugged, "No, it's just that..."

Massimo spun her around, forcing her to face him squarely. "Baby, I'm atoning for my sins. Please allow me. But whatever it is, as long as your happy, I'll do it. You don't want these flowers? I can stop sending them to you," he sighed.

Brielle immediately shook her head, "We can just plant more flowers in the field, you know."

"Sure thing, my Empress," the Emperor replied, smiling.

He appears to be exhausted from the day's activities. He worked tirelessly for the Empire. The empire, like him, has evolved. So he's working extra hard to settle things on his land, and Brielle admires his work ethic. Despite his busy schedule, he makes time for her to demonstrate his devotion and love for her.

Massimo rested his head on Brielle's shoulders as he hugged her tightly. She just stood there. She knew he needed rest, and she knew that was all she could do for him.

"I'm sorry, Brielle," he said quietly.

"Here you go again," Brielle sighed, "you can stop apologizing now."

He never got tired of apologizing to her. He never missed a day, and he never went a day without apologizing. His words are consistent.

"Don't forgive me yet, Brielle; I know I still don't deserve it, so punish me."

Brielle stroked his back, saying, "I'm not like you, Massimo; I never hurt anyone."

"I'm sorry," he said.

"That's definitely not a Vassily," she chuckled.

He's nothing like the Massimo she knew. The old Massimo she knew would never do something like this. But this one always and never fails to repent.