Chapter 41

Chapter 41

MASSIMO heard her familiar voice and his world literally glowed. His exhilaration and anxiety increased at the same time, and he experienced a rushing thunder through his veins. He even lost sight of the fact that he is the Emperor and that everyone around him is watching everything he does.

He was unaware of how scared the populace was; they were silently slinking away upon his expression since they knew he killed without cause. He has no idea that his expressions are ominous. What to do is a mystery to him. He might commit errors once more, and he is prohibited from acting in a way that would alienate Brielle.

The woman he's been pining for yelled, "Let me go!"

Massimo saw her and froze. While the Knights were holding her captive, it felt as though her world had fallen and broken into pieces. Massimo was shaken, however, he was stunned by her endless beauty. She hasn't changed; he missed those soft eyes, that wonderful, innocent face, and that slender body. Still the Brielle he is familiar with. But now that she's attempting to flee from his troops, she has grown much braver and stronger.

"Emperor...?"

Upon seeing him, Brielle froze as well. Her face revealed terror to him. It's as if her worst nightmare has materialized once more, and she is on the edge of passing through the grave once more. With the intense expression in her stunning eyes, Massimo could sense her pain, fear, and rage.

Massimo's heart fell when he noticed the loneliness and hatred in her gaze, and her face began to react differently. Did he commit mistake again? Fuck, he becomes irrational and impulsive when it comes to her. His desire is still strong and he's having hard time managing his emotions.

"Aww— fuck!" One of his men yelled when a child suddenly came and hit the knight. "What the?"

As he fixed his gaze on the kid, Massimo's face become drab. While concentrating on the child, Brielle also became pale and started to perspire intensely. Brielle resembles the child in Massimo's eyes. What on earth is this, exactly? The situation is absurd.

A child with a different man, did she have one? Exactly what is this? He was unaware of her child; all he knew was that she was content and leading a comfortable life. May God pardon him for his emotion, but his crimson eyes are slowly growing bloodshot, and he is once more descending into madness. Did she truly wed another man?

The truth is that he held on for the past three years. He continued to look for her. He continued to keep an eye on her. He was happy to learn that she had led a good life and didn't want to disturb the sense of serenity she was experiencing because he knew she had been working for Lord Araullo all along.

He stood still to give her space, as Macsen had instructed. Moreover, to shield her from his father's abuse. It's not like he hasn't found her over the years. He simply resisted speaking to her for the sake of her.

He had been holding back despite always knowing where she was. He regrets every minute without her, and it was a genuinely terrible choice. He made an effort to be satisfied with the reports about her and intends to hold off for a little longer. He was relieved to hear that she is doing well. He can sometimes not control his thoughts of kidnapping her, though, for he is still only human.

However, he made a commitment not to hurt her ever again, therefore that is ludicrous. He vowed to never again act foolishly and made a commitment to Brielle to improve himself when they next crossed paths. He always intended to do that, but what the heck is this? His patience is being tried by the sky.

The child continued punching his knight, "Let my mom go! Let my mom go!"

Brielle started crying as she tried to stop the child: "No, Alaric, baby... run!"