Theme: Welcome to Nigeria 🇳🇬

HER BABY'S 🤰 SECRET 👼

🍓 SERIE TWENTY-ONE 🍓

Story by: Authoress Ademide

Arike's POV

When we finally reached Busayomi's house, her mom and husband to be were present at the place. I had to carry Iteoluwa inside because she was still asleep.

"Welcome back to Nigeria!" Mr Paul exclaimed as I exchanged pleasantries with him.

"My baby must be really stressed out from the flight." He added.

"Yes she tends to sleep after a flight." I smiled.

"Awwnnn...she's so cute whenever she sleeps too." He complimented.

"Good afternoon ma." I greeted Busayomi's mom, kneeling a bit.

"Arike, how are your parents?" Busayomi's mom asked.

"They are fine ma, how is daddy too?" I asked

"He's doing well." She stood up from the couch, redoing her wrapper tightly to her waist. "It's really good to see you again, Arike."

"You are leaving?" Busayomi asked.

I rocked Iteoluwa when she stirred in her sleep.

"Yes Busayomi, your dad called not too long." She said.

"Oh tell him I will transfer the money to him soon." She replied.

"It's not about the money, your Aunt Tito is on her way to our home." She explained.

"And so? Is that why you want to leave early?" Busayomi snorted.

"Yes," she replied, picking up her bag.

"I didn't invite her to my wedding o." Busayomi said.

Her mom shot her a glare. "She's your Aunty so she has every right to attend your wedding."

"Is it her wedding? During her own time did she send invitation to you to attend her wedding?" Busayomi hissed as she gestured to me to lay Iteoluwa on the couch.

"She didn't invite me because she was told not to have a loud party." Her mom resorted.

"Nonsense talk, see you better stay till the time you planned to play with Iteoluwa." Busayomi pointed out.

She was so used to talking to her mom like they were mates. No doubt Busayomi was really close to her mom, and sometimes I envy their bond and wondered if I would have been like that with my mom if she was alive.

"Look I have all the time to play with her. I must get home before your aunt arrives at our place."

"Is she the only one coming or it is full house?" Busayomi asked with a raised eyebrow.

"She's coming with her four kids." Her mom answered.

"They want to comman finish our party jollof rice and drinks abi?"

I couldn't help but laugh at Busayomi's word. It was obvious that she didn't like this her Aunt Tito.

"Ahh Busayomi what's wrong about your aunt attending our wedding?" Mr Paul asked.

"I don't like her, period." She answered.

"See don't mind her, she has always been like that towards her aunt because she once asked her to pocket money in school and her aunt didn't send it to her." Her mom explained in full details.