The wedding dresses

HER BABY'S 🤰 SECRET 👼

🍓 SERIE TWENTY-TWO 🍓

Theme: The wedding dresses 👗

Story by: Authoress Ademide

           Arike's POV

We woke up as early as six to prepare ourselves for the planned visit to the fashion home to try out the wedding outfits. Busayomi as the bride, Iteoluwa as the little bride and I, the best lady with some other ladies that belonged to the bridal train. After that we would all head down to the dance center to rehearse for the couple entrance show. Everything was planned out by the event planner.

"Mommy..." Iteoluwa called.

"Come on, it is bad to talk while eating." I cautioned her.

"I am sorry, mommy." She mumbled before getting back to eat her food.

"It's alright...open your mouth." She did as instructed and I scooped golden morn into her mouth.

"Are we ready?" Busayomi walked in.

"Almost ready..."

"Wait will that cereal be enough for her? We will be out for too long o and might not return until night time." Busayomi said.

"Don't worry, I already packed food into a bag for her." I showed her the bag on the table.

"Oh! That's good."  She said.

I spooned the last portion of cereal into Iteoluwa's mouth before letting her slide off my laps.

"Yes! We are ready!" She said in excitement.

"Wow! You are so pretty..baby." Busayomi pinches her cheeks gently.

"Thank you." She pouted.

I went ahead to the kitchen to wash the cup in the sink before coming back to the living room where I didn't see Iteoluwa again.

"Iteoluwa..." I called out to her.

"She went to get her teddy bear." Busayomi replied.

"No..not again." I went after her.

I bumped into her coming out of the room and she quickly hid the teddy Busayomi bought for her behind her back.

"I said you should not take any teddy out today."

"Why? I just -"

I interrupted her. "We have a lot to do today and you won't have the time to play with your teddy.

"But I promised to let her see my dress." She said in a low tone.

Teddies don't talk so why does she think they can hear her and see what she wanted them to see. She treated her toys like humans and they are like her best friends.

"Mommy please...." Her eyes pleaded.

Oh no don't give me that face, I won't be able to resist her.

"Please..." She pleaded at the verge of crying.

"Okay..okay.."

"The driver is here!" Busayomi screamed from the living room.

"Let's go." I carried Iteoluwa in my arms to meet Busayomi.

"Thank you mommy..for letting me take my teddy." She flashed me a smile.