Arranged 😮

HER BABY'S 🤰 SECRET 👼
🍓 SERIE TWO 🍓
Story by: Authoress Ademide

              Arike's POV

"I am getting married." He blurted out. And it was like my heart stopped beating for a second.

Adedayo was getting married? Has he proposed to his girlfriend? But wait,why was he sad about it? I pondered. Something wasn't right!

"Have you proposed marriage to Joy?" I asked.

"Joy?! No! I broke up with her three days ago!" He responded in a slightly raised tone.

"Ok..ok..but you didn't tell about it." I said in a surprised tone.

"Well I wanted to call you up and tell you about it -" he stopped.

"So why didn't you?"

"I just got busy with some stuffs -" he paused again. "At least...now you know."

I shook my head. It has always been like that, I get to know whoever Adedayo was dating and also know when the relationship was off. I have always known all his girlfriends right since secondary school days. And as a matter of fact I have lost count of the number of girls he had dated. But what I am very much sure of was that most of them got involved with him because of his money.

"So why did you break up with Joy?" I asked.

He hissed. "She's a liar,that girl decieved me!"

"In what why?"

"She doesn't love me. She just wanted my money too like the other girls."

"But you said she was different." I reminded him of his words.

"Yes..that's because she never asked me for money constantly like the other women I have dated." He stopped talking to stare at me. "I really thought she was different."

Joy turned out to be another daughter of Jezebel. To be honest,I didn't expect Joy to be like the other girls Dayo had dated in the past. I mean she was so sweet and lovely and Dayo loved her so much. She wasn't materialistic and she was real,well we both thought she was real. My best friend was so damn serious with her.

"She asked me to give her three million naira but I said I can't give out such amount of money at the moment. She got mad and then threatened to end the relationship."

"Maybe she needed the money for something very important." I said.

"To start a business but it doesn't matter! She shouldn't have threatened me!"

"So..you broke up with her because she threatened to end the relationship?"

"Yes,but that's after I transferred the money to her. It's enough to pay her for the time spent with me."

"Seriously Dayo?!" My jaw dropped.

"Joy really fucked up. I was really planning to have something more serious than what we had."

Maybe Joy already planned everything. You know acting like you don't want his money but then when you need it you ask for something big! That's boom! But she fucked up big time! Dayo told me that he might take Joy home if she lasted six months with him. But it's really sad that it ended on the fourth month which was his longest relationship.

I moved closer to him and pat his back gently. "She's not the one for you." I mumbled.

I didn't like it when I don't know what to say to him whenever Dayo feels down and unhappy. We've both grown to always share whatever was bothering us and also confide in each other.