Career Woman 🙁

HER BABY'S 🤰 SECRET 👼
🍓 SERIE THREE 🍓
Story by: Authoress Ademide

              Arike's POV

    FEMI AFOLABI LAW FIRM

A beeping sound from my phone distracted me. I rolled my eyes at the caller's ID - Busayomi. She was my very good friend and I can also say that she was my big sister. We've been friends for years. Busayomi was my roommate back in University days and we bonded almost immediately at our first meeting.

I met her on the day I wanted to get some books from the library. I wasn't familiar with the campus yet as a fresher unlike Busayomi who was in 200 level. She helped me to the library and that was how we got talking. As at that time I needed a place to stay because I didn't like the fact that I was living with Mr Gbadamosi (he was a close friend to my uncle) and his family. Busayomi offered to allow me stay with her and her roommate Bunmi. I talked with my uncle who agreed to let me stay with Busayomi and Bunmi after so much persuasion.

Busayomi was like a big sister which I never had. She was two years older than me that's why I have so much respect for her.

"Hello big sister." I said after accepting the call.

"The law! The law! My incorruptible Attorney!" She hyped me as usual. "How have you been?!"

"I am good. What about you?!"

"Not bad o baby girl,since you have forgotten that you have a sister somewhere."

"Ahn ahn sister Busayomi why would you think like that?"

"Why won't I have such thought? When was the last time you called to check on me?"

I closed my eyes to remember. "Ermm..I think.." but I couldn't

"You can't remember because it has been long!"

Feelings of guilt stirred up in my mind. "Sister I am -"

"Did you reply the last text I sent to you?" She asked

"Sister which text again?"

"Ahhh!! Arike! Tell me haven't you been checking your phone?!"

"Sister...I have been really busy lately. See I can't remember the last time I logged in to my social media accounts."

"Eh..I know I shouldn't be accusing you like this because of nature of your job cases here and there but at least always try to reply your messages. I have been so worried about you that I have made up my mind to come over to your place this weekend if you don't answer your call."

"You don't need to worry about me."

"If I don't worry about you then who should I worry about? You don't know that you're now my responsibility!"

"I know sister mi, but I am alright."

"Good to hear. And congratulations on your case."

"Thank you." I smiled brightly.

Actually I won my case! We were able to find Chidinma's killer. It was who I predicted it to be. Senator Johnson's political opponent was the master mind of the whole incident.  We wouldn't have found any tangible evidence against Senator Jackson if one of the men he had paid to kill Chidinma hadn't turned himself in to the police.

Chika, a young man of 20 years old revealed that Senator Jackson's PA paid him and four other men to murder Chidinma. Chika also disclose that his mind hasn't been at rest since the death of Chidinma. He claimed to have seen her in his dreams so many times that was why he decided to turn himself in to stop the nightmares that has been haunting him for months now.