The Arrest

HER BABY'S 🤰 SECRET 🤱

🍓SERIE THIRTY TWO 🍓
        Arike's POV

I couldn't bear to close my eyes after finding out about what was happening to Adedayo. And when I managed to take a nap around 3:00am, I was already up by 5:00am again as I was really finding it hard to sleep because I couldn't get my mind off Adedayo's case. The fact that he was suffering this much bothered me a lot.

At exactly 6:34am, I was already fully dressed up to leave home and I impatiently waited for the break of the day. I paced to and fro in the living room, wishing I could fasten the hands of time but It was only a wish that would never come true so I am left with no choice but to wait.

"You need to calm down." Busayomi said.

"I can't calm down.." I paced.

"I have some pills that can help you relax, do you want some?" She offered.

"No thanks, I will be fine." I replied.

Busayomi sighed. "I think you should ask Bamidele for help." She suggested.

"Why?" I stopped pacing to look at her.

"Isn't the reason obvious? Bamidele is a lawyer who is really good and not just that he owns a law firm, so Dayo might be needing his help."  She explained.

"Sister Mi, you of all people should know that Adedayo has always been against Bamidele. No doubt, he would reject Bamidele as his lawyer."

"I am not sure, Adedayo is all the verge of going to jail for assault, a crime I am not even sure he committed. Who will care about what happened in the past? So asking Bamidele for help is necessary to solving this case. He is one of the best lawyers in the country." She said.

I sat on the couch slowly when realization hit me straight in the face. It would have been me stepping in to help Adedayo if I hadn't left the country. I hated this feeling of being helpless for the fact that I have been out of practice for five years now.

"I wish...I was still in..practice." I admitted sincerely.

I was heartbroken and deeply hurt for not being able to defend Adedayo in this situation. And once again, I regretted my decision of running away to America just to keep my baby's secret.

Busayomi clearing of throat jolted me out of thought. "Listen, this is not the time to express regrets about past actions. Let us face the present situation and find a solution to it."  She said.

I shook my head in agreement. "You are right." I wiped the few  stray of tears that had dropped down my face.

My phone beeped and I reached out to take it from the table. It was an unsaved number but I figured it was the number of the driver for the ride I had ordered online.

I picked up the call. "Hello." I said.

"Good morning ma, you ordered for a ride." The masculine voice said.

"Yes, I ordered for a ride about ten minutes ago."

"Yes, so I will be at your location in five minutes." The driver said.

"Okay I will be expecting you." I answered before disconnecting the call.

"Mommy-"

My head snapped up and found Iteoluwa walking into the living room with the singing doll in her hands.

"Oh you are awake!" Busayomi expressed in a disappointed tone.