Modern Slavery

HER BABY'S 🤱 SECRET 👶
🍓 SERIE FORTY EIGHT 🍓
Theme: Modern slavery

      Arike's POV

My phone vibrated in my purse and when I took it out to check, it was an unsaved number.

"Is it Busayomi?" Bamidele asked.

"No..the number is not saved on my phone." I answered.

"Do you want to pick it or ignore?" Bamidele asked again.

"I will pick up the call, it might be one of those police men I gave my number to at the station." Then I swiped the green button to accept the call and put it on speaker.

"Hello..." I heard a feminine voice over the phone.

"Yes..please who am I speaking with?" I asked.

"Arike, it is Moyosoreoluwa..do you remember me? I am Adedayo's sister." The voice explained herself.

Recognition registered in my mind. "Oh Mrs Moyo...how have you been?" I asked.

"I have been good and forgive me for calling you unannounced." She apologized.

"It is alright." I answered.

"How have you been too?" She asked.

"I have been well..and alright too. I hope there is no problem ma?" I asked.

"There is no problem but I am calling to see if we can meet?" Moyosoreoluwa asked.

"Oh..okay..when do you want to meet me?" I asked.

"Can we meet now if it is okay with you?" Moyo asked.

I exchanged glances with Bamidele and he nodded that I say yes.

"Alright..I am less busy now so we can meet." I responded.

"I will text you the address to my place." Mrs Moyo sounded happy over the phone.

"Okay..I will be with you soon." I said before the call got disconnected.

"I don't know why she wants to see me all of a sudden." I said to Bamidele with a raised eyebrow.

"Maybe she has something important to say to you. It might be about Dayo." Bamidele scratched his head with the car key.

"You maybe right because Moyo is the closest to Adedayo amongst his older sisters."

A message peeped on my screen.

"She just sent me the address to her home." I showed It to Bamidele.

"Okay..it is very close to my law firm so I will drop you off." He gave me back my phone and started the car.

        ******************************

Finally we arrived at the address Moyosoreoluwa sent to me. I bid Bamidele goodbye before walking up to the gate.

The gateman came to the gate. "How may I help you ma?" He asked.

"Please I am here to see Mrs Moyosoreoluwa." I said.

"Okay..what's your name?" He asked again.

"Arike." I answered.

"Oh okay..she already told me someone with the name is coming to see her so I just wanted to confirm if you are the one. Please come in ma." He opened the gate to let me in.

"Thank you." I said to the young man.

I walked up the small stairs leading to the door and pressed the doorbell. I heard a voice screaming that she would be out soon. And some seconds later the door opened revealing the woman I had known for many years but I haven't seen her for a very long time.