Hidden Feelings 😢

HER BABY'S 🤰 SECRET 👼
🍓 SERIE FOUR 🍓
Story by: Authoress Ademide

            Arike's POV

I rushed out of the kitchen at the jingling sound of the bell attached to my door. I was surprised to see who was at the door.

"Shalewa." I said.

"Good day Arike." She greeted with her shoulder high up in the air.

"Yeah...good afternoon." I managed to smile still wondering why she was here without Adedayo.

"Won't you invite me in? It's not polite to keep me waiting out here." She said.

"Oh! I am sorry...please come in." I stepped aside and opened the door wide for her to come in.

"Are you expecting someone?" She asked.

"Yes."

She interrupted my statement. "Dayo is coming over?"

"No, I am not expecting Dayo."

"So who are you expecting?'

"My big sister is coming over to spend some time with me."

"Big sister?" She raised her eyebrows. "But Dayo told me that you are the only child of your mother."

"Yes, he's right."

"So who is this big sister?"

"A friend turned sister." I responded.

"Okay."

"What should I get for you?"

"I didn't come here for merriment." She replied.

"So why are you here?" I asked.

"Did Dayo tell you anything about me?" She asked.

I raised my eyebrows in confusion. "I don't understand."

"Did Dayo say anything bad about me to you?" She repeated.

"I am not sure but Dayo loves you." I said not knowing what exactly to say to her.

"I am beginning to doubt our love and relationship." She said with a sad face.

"Why? What's going on Shalewa?"

She stood up from the couch picking her bag along the way. "I still can't figure out why Dayo got so mad after seeing you with that guy at dinner." She stared into my eyes.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

When I went to dinner with Bamidele during the week, we bumped into Dayo and Shalewa at the same restaurant. With the look on Dayo's face I knew he wasn't happy to see me with Bamidele because he already warned me to stay away from him. Shalewa suggested that we all have dinner together but Dayo said no,grabbed his girlfriend's hand and left with pure anger in his expression. I didn't like his annoying attitude at dinner because this is my life. And Shalewa showing up here unexpectedly and her strange questions really baffles me.

"I find it hard to believe that you're just friends with Dayo."

"You need to stop making assumptions. There's nothing going on between Dayo and I. We're just friends,that's all."

"I don't believe you." She said with a serious face.

"What do I need to do to make you believe me?"

How do you expect me to believe you when Dayo never stops talking about how awesome is female bestie is!"

"You should deal with that with Dayo and not me."