EPILOGUE (1) 🥰

HER BABY'S 🤰SECRET 🤱
🍓 EPILOGUE (1) 🍓

          Arike's POV

Mrs Moyosoreoluwa and I walked out of the courtroom. I met Dayo exchanging a handshake with Bamidele and then he moved on to barrister prosper. No doubt, Adedayo must have made up his mind to forgive Bamidele for what he did to him in the past. And I was glad to see them reconciling after all these years.

Adedayo's eyes met mine and he flashed me a smile that was filled with happiness and endearment. Slowly he started towards me while I walked at a close run and threw my hands around him for an embrace.

"Arike..." he embraced me tightly.

Tears streamed down my cheeks as we stayed hugging for several seconds before Adedayo pulled away from me. He had tears in his eyes when I looked up at him.

"Adedayo..." my hand shot out to his face.

"Please don't cry..." we both said in unison.

Adedayo reached out to wipe my face. "I can't thank you enough for what you have done for me. I will forever be grateful to you." He embraced me again.

I should let him know! I should tell him about our child. There was no need to hesistate anymore.

"Thank you..thank you..and I am really sorry." He said.

This time I was the one who withdrew from the embrace.

"Dayo..." I called out his name after a sniff.

"Dayo..there is something you should know." I nibbled on my bottom lip to control my tears.

"What is it, Arike." He took my hand in his.

"Remember that night we had something together that-"

Adedayo interrupted me. "Yes..Yes I can never forget such a day. It was the last day I ever felt happiness up until now." He said.

I wasn't happy after I left Nigeria too but after I had my child in my hands, she filled my life with immeasurable happiness.

"Dayo..I..I actually left the country because I was pregnant." I said looking straight into his eyes.

Mixed emotions, confusion..surprise transferred on his face.

"I gave birth to your child." I said.

Dayo's jaw went slack. He started to say something but stopped. He started again and stopped.

Another wave of tears flowed from his eyes as I narrated what really happened throughout the time of being without him.

"I am sorry...I know I shouldn't have hide the fact that I was carrying your child. I should have stayed back, I should have called you and let you know about her." I blabbed about so many I should have possibilities.

Adedayo didn't say a word instead he turned away and began to walk away slowly.

He was angry? Why didn't he say anything?

"Dayo..I am sorry." I apologized but he didn't stop walking.

Alright he has ever right to be angry and I was going to give him the chance to make a decision about our child.

He stopped where his parents stood. "She has my child!" He shouted.

"Mom...dad..she just told me..that she has a child for me." Adedayo said unsteadily.

Then he realized that he wasn't angry instead he was shocked by the news that he has a child.

Shock and surprise transformed on his parent's face. They gestured to me to come close and I went to them.

"Mom..my child grew up without my knowledge." Adedayo cried.

"I am sorry..." I apologized.

"No..no..don't be sorry..I should be the one apologizing to you. I pushed you away instead of taking the bold step to be with you." He sobbed as we embraced each other again.

"Thank you once again." He kissed my forehead.

"Where is your child?" His father asked.

"She is with my sister." I answered.

"I want to see her." Dayo blurted out.

"No..no..no..we want to meet her." Mrs Moyosoreoluwa corrected.

"I am so happy...I can't wait to meet my daughter. Can I come with you to see her?" He asked.

"No..I will bring her to you...tomorrow." I smiled.

"God! I have a child." Dayo exclaimed as he looked heavenward.

Bamidele and barrister prosper congratulated him.