My Decision🥺

HER BABY'S 🤰 SECRET 👼
🍓 SERIE SIXTEEN 🍓

Story by: Authoress Ademide

Arike's POV

I saw the tears in her eyes when she pulled away from me. I could imagine how she had felt this past few days. She must have been scared of losing her husband. You can only understand this feeling if you've had a loved one who was at the point of death or that pain of losing a loved one to the cold hands of death.

"Let's go in -" she held the knob of the door and opened it for me to walk in.

A shocking look appeared on his face when his eyes fell on me.

"A...ri..ke" he called me in a low tone, stretching his forward for me to hold him.

He was in a bad shape. Bandage wrapped around his head stitches on face and bruises on some part of his body.

"Dad..." My voice trailed off as I held his hand, tears dropping down my cheeks. His wife adjusted the bed for him to sit up.

"Honey." He managed to smile.

"Yeah...I know you asked me not to pester her about visiting us this year but I didn't have a choice."

"Dad, she did the right thing by letting me know about your situation."

"And the next thing you did was fly over. What about your work?" He asked.

"Darling it's not time to scold anybody."

I nodded in agreement. "Everyone is happy that you survived the crash." I added.

He squeezed my hands gently. "I am so happy to see you." He smiled.

"See you now o...father and daughter aren't you glad that I called her."

"Please mommmyyy." I laughed.

"Always acting stubborn... Let me tell you something, he planned to visit you in Nigeria since he couldn't reach you for a while." She laughed out.

"Is that true?" I asked him.

"I was just worried about you. The network was so bad." He stopped.

"I missed you." He admitted.

"Oh..someone is emotional now." She teased.

"Please I am talking to my daughter." We all laughed.

It was a good one. I watched aunty Sade being touchy with her husband.

"Ouch...this stitches has spoiled your handsome face." She said soberly

"I am still going to heal.." He mumbled.

"I don't care about the scars as long as you are with me." She kissed him.

I smiled when he looked at me.

"Hey..haven't you been eating well?" He asked me.

"Ermm..I have been -"

"You look pale,are sick my dear?" His eyes examined me.

"No,I am not sick."
"Maybe it's work stress." Aunty Sade added.

I was sure this wasn't the right time to talk about my condition. In the last few days,my mind has been on what their reactions would be if I told them I was pregnant. What would they say when I break the news that Dayo was the father of my child? Would they accept my decision to keeping my baby a secret? Series of questions has stomped my mind. To be honest I wasn't ready to tell them.

"Arike,how long would you be staying?" He asked.

"Ahm...the truth is that -" I paused to study their expression - happy. " I will be staying for a long time." I added,still looking at them. Now their expressions wasn't happy anymore. It was filled with mixed emotions. Confusion and surprise.