My Baby's Secret 🤐

HER BABY'S 🤰 SECRET 👼
🍓 SERIE THIRTEEN 🍓

              Arike's POV

I sat on my bed with a pillow popped up behind my back to make me comfortable. I have been in this position for about two hours,only getting out of bed whenever I needed to pee. 

I was too tired to even wash my dirty clothes in my laundry basket. I was too engrossed in browsing online about pregnancy symptoms,how to stay healthy,how to be a good mother. I have read so much about being pregnant and motherhood. I already embraced the fact that I would be a mother soon.

Busayomi had called like five times to check up on me. Her mind was on me and she promised to come with me.

My phone beeped next to me. Maybe Busayomi was calling again. I thought. I checked the caller's ID only to see Big Mommy on the phone screen. Uncle Badejo's wife was calling.

"Hello Ma." I greeted when I picked the call.

"Arike -" her voice trailed off.

I leaned forward and dropped my laptop next to me. "Ma? Ki lo sele ma?" I asked, knowing something was wrong.

What happened ma?

She sounded like she was crying.

"It's...your...dad..." She sobbed.

My heartbeat fastly. She was talking about Uncle Badejo.

"What happened to him?" I asked in a worried tone.

She sniffed. "Actually...he was involved in a car.. accident."

"What?!" I gasped out. But soon tried to relax when I remembered my condition. I have been advised not to stress myself too much.

Tears welled up in my eyes.

"He's really in a bad shape...unconscious and...laying lifeless...I don't know what to do. I am so scared right now." She cried.

"You have to calm down..when did it happened?" I asked

"I got a call from the cops yesterday...so I have been at the hospital since last night. And I just called to inform you about it."

"Oh my God.." I breathed out heavily.

"Look..Arike, I know you have a life of your own but you really have to come and see your dad. I am sure he will want to see you once he regains consciousness. Please come...I don't mind to talk to your boss to give you some time off..and I will pay for your flight too."

"There's no need for that.." she interrupted me.

"I just..need someone to be with me right now..I can't bear this alone." She cried.

"I understand. And I will call you soon. Please just take care of yourself Ma."

"Okay..okay..I will be expecting your call." She disconnected the call

Dear God, please protect uncle Badejo..my Dad. Don't let anything be happen to him. He's the only family I have left and I don't want to lose him. Please heal him. I prayed loudly as I paced the room.

I searched for my passport in the drawer I had dropped it. I have to leave the country to be with him.

Uncle Badejo and Aunty Sade relocated to America some years back,after I gained admission into University. They don't have a child of their own but two adopted children. Their love for children made them established a Foster home and also running a Daycare services too which was going well.