Final Epilogue (2)

HER BABY'S 🤰 SECRET 🤱
   FINAL EPILOGUE (2)

     Arike's POV

"Mommy..you haven't told me who we are seeing today?" Iteoluwa jumped by my side as we made our way toward Dayo's apartment.

"Iteoluwa, I told you that we are meeting someone special to us." I answered.

"Perhaps is it grandma? She promised to attend big mommy's wedding." She said.

Iteoluwa refused to let me help her up the staircase. My child has really changed ever since Busayomi made her realize the essence of having a mother. She was starting to do things herself without needing much of my help.

We were meeting her father but I didn't mention it to her. Busayomi had suggested that it would be fun to surprise her.

"Mom..is this the place where they sell ice cream?" She asked.

Iteoluwa was really anxious to know.

"Baby..you will find out very soon." I clicked the door bell.

"Alright." She mumbled in resignation.

Adedayo had sounded thrilled at the chance to finally meet his daughter. He had texted me severally yesterday to remind me not to turn up late for the meeting. We were meeting his whole family. Mr and Mrs Awosika and Mrs Moyosoreoluwa.

The door opened revealing Mrs Moyosoreoluwa.

"Good afternoon, Arike." She greeted with the brightest smile I have ever seen.

"Good afternoon ma." Iteoluwa greeted with her obvious New York accent.

Mrs Moyosoreoluwa eyes flickered to Iteoluwa. "Wow!" She mouthed.

"Good aftermoon..beautiful. How are you doing?" She said to Iteoluwa before looking back up at me.

"I am fine." She answered.

"Moyo..don't keep them waiting at the door!" I heard Mrs Awosika's voice.

"Please come in.." she stepped aside and opened the door wide for us to step into the furniture apartment.

I could see Dayo's heart beat way too fast as his eyes trailed on Iteoluwa. Dayo has promised to make a good first impression on his daughter though he didn't have the slightest idea of how to do it.

Everyone focused on Iteoluwa with every ounce of concerntration.

Then Iteoluwa broke the awkward silence. "Good afternoon.." she greeted

"Good afternoon." Mr and Mrs Awosika smiled at her.

I looked up at Dayo, he was soaking every detail of Iteoluwa.

"Mommy..why are we here? And who are they?" My daughter asked.

I looked at her to see the look of confusion on her face.

"Listen my love..let me introduce to you..your new family. This is your grandpa, your grandma and your aunt." I introduced respectively.

"But..grandpa is in New York and grandma promised to come for the wedding." She said with a more confused look.

She still doesn't understand my words. I was beginning to think that it was a bad idea to make this a surprise.

I crouched down to her size. "These people are also your family." I said.

"And who is he?" She pointed to Adedayo.

"He-" I stood up and walked  her over to Adedayo.

"He is your daddy, the same one you have longed to meet." I said to her.

"Daddy?" She mumbled.

I watched Adedayo froze at the sound of the nervous little voice, a millions of emotions rushing to his expression. He was surprised that his daughter had called him —Dad.

"So you are my daddy." Iteoluwa eyes glistened with happiness as she called out to him again.

Adedayo crouched down into front of her. "Yes..Yes.." his voice broke and he cleared his throat and tried again.

"Yes..I am your daddy." He said.

"Mom said she would bring me to you soon, so I have..been really waiting to see you." Iteoluwa said.

"I have also been really anxious to see you." Dayo held her small hands.

An awkward silence spread in the room as father and daughter struggled for something to say. Dayo threw me a look of desperation expecting me to join the reunion.

Then he just pulled Iteoluwa into his arms and hugged her tightly.

"I am so happy to see you...daddy." Iteoluwa threw her small hands around his neck.

"I am more than happy to see you too." Adedayo carried her up in his arms and brought her closer to me.

"Thank you very much." He pulled me to his side. "Thank you so much for having her." He reached out to wipe teary face with his fingers.

"Remember the promise I made to you on that night, I will fulfill it now. Arike, I will give you the happiness you have always wanted and I will be a very good father to our child." He leaned in and kissed my forehead.

The time seemed to fly, they got to know so much about Iteoluwa from me. Adedayo concerntrated on learning so much as he could about his daughter. And the more he learned, the more he was impressed and they thanked me for having Iteoluwa.

I had deprived Dayo of his daughter for close to five years I have deprived him of getting to know Iteoluwa as she changed from a baby to a toddler to the amazing, smart and intelligent girl sitting on his laps now.

Now we would finally get the chance to be together — hopefully forever.

*******************
Thank God, we have finally come to the end of this book! It took longer than expected but it was worth the wait!

Right now I have one more books to my name 😁

So I want to say a very big thank for keeping up with my book.

God bless you! 🤲